aberdeen-music

Avian Flu is here

Guest onlynik

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's wrong to make light of these things...

and you've probably all heard this joke anyway...

but im bored so here you go:

A bear, a lion and a chicken meet.

Bear says: "If I roar in the forests of North America, the entire forest

is shivering with fear."

Lion says: "And if I roar on the great plains of Africa, the entire

savannah is afraid of me."

Says the chicken: "Big deal. I only have to cough, and the entire planet

wets itself."

Run for your liiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeees!!!!!

Who gives a shit? As long as it's still confined to birds it doesn't matter. Only when it can be caught by humans AND transmitted from human to human is it going to be a problem. Just now it's no more dangerous to us today as it was yesterday.

Run for your liiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeees!!!!!

Who gives a shit? As long as it's still confined to birds it doesn't matter. Only when it can be caught by humans AND transmitted from human to human is it going to be a problem. Just now it's no more dangerous to us today as it was yesterday.

well don't go feeding the swans then spooner. it can be transmitted to humans by birds, that's why a few people in turkey died a couple of months ago.

seeya, i'm off to the hills

it can be transmitted to humans by birds' date=' that's why a few people in turkey died a couple of months ago.

[/quote']

At the moment it can only be transmitted in extreme cases when someone has prolonged exposure to infected birds.

At the moment it can only be transmitted in extreme cases when someone has prolonged exposure to infected birds.

the problem being that animals (nae just birds) can harbour the virus for sustained periods before dying or even showing symptoms:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4761622.stm

cats get bird flu too! who's had a cat that didn't take in a bird once or twice?

RUN

TO

THE

HILLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(though not the ones that have eyes)

yea wasn't it bird farmers who died? although i guess everyone in aberdeen has prolonged exposure to seagulls so perhaps we are all doomed.

meh, there's not much we can do about it is there? just gotta sit back and see what happens. the government will fix everything right? RIGHT?

Two things...

1/ why is everyone going on about Ayr? its been found in Fife....much closer

2/ You are aware that 100.....yes thats 100 people world wide...thats 100 people out of the entire population of the world have died of Bird flu, I dont really think its too big a threat just yet...

Sorry just thought of a third thing, think I'll order my Christmas turkey now!!!

Indeed.

To paraphrase a sensible person - For now' date=' you have more chance of being hit by a train whilst playing the accordion than dying of bird flu.

If it gets worse, a few shots of this might see you right:

[img']http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/oryxian/birdflu.jpg

:D