aberdeen-music

I think I've just had a epiphany

Birdman

i prefer going to the tunnels these days as exodus is usually a bit too busy for my liking. the music's much the same but there's more room on the dancefloor(and at the bar), better beer and you can get a seat for when you're not dancing. also seems to be less assholes there though i guess there could be any number of reasons for that one.

don't get me wrong, if it's not the tunnels then i'm in exodus but i think i went too much last summer and i'm kinda scunnered of it now.

FYI:

That is a decent price.

That's not a bad price for branded spirits' date=' but there are plenty of places that are on par or cheaper. If that's using 'house' spirits then it's actually very expensive.[/quote']

remember it is a nightclub tho, most clubs charge well over 2

there are fucking loads of nice single girls go to exodus' date=' i think the music is great, it covers most peoples music tastes that go there and i like the way the djs are playing more older tunes aswell. It can sometimes get a bit repetitive but thats probs coz im there too much and the djs have to play what ppl want to hear. IMO exodus is by far the best club in the city and you have to go far to find a better night out. Also its like 1.75 a pint and 1.80 a nip n dash with a yellow card n thats at the weekend, what other clubs offer that?

I never go anywhere else apart from triple kirks and exo, theres no need to[/quote']

It's probably the going there every week that's the problem as like you say, it gets a bit repetitive after a while. Doesn't help that I'm not really that into indie.

Guest Hon Jonda

I dont like Exodus anymore it is far too crowded and warm which is really bad since it is coming into summer every week I get ID taken the toilets are too small and dirty

Exodus is probably the only club that I'm in on a relatively regular basis. This is because, the drinks are at a reasonable price (especially with a yellow card), there's generally a good mix of people in, and the music is pretty much spot on. A good mix of most types of Indie and Rock, I've heard some stuff played in there I would have never expected to hear without requesting it.

There are a few negatives though. Mainly the fact that it's going to be an absolute fucking nightmare to have a fag there now that the ban's in place and they really need to look in to some kind of balcony or quick route to a smoking area outside, as it's difficult enough to get to the toilet or bar when it's busy, never mind down the stairs to the door and back up again.

It would also be great if there was some way they could make Triple Kirks into a second floor of Exodus after 12. So there was somewhere to have a seat when it's packed.

Generally though I don't see there being any dip in Exodus popularity, it's pretty much always out the door at the weekend and there's not really anywhere competing in the same field.

Moshulu seems to be the only other major rock club in the city and it caters to a totally different market IMO (although there's obviously some crossover).

Guest Hon Jonda
Exodus is probably the only club that I'm in on a relatively regular basis. This is because' date=' the drinks are at a reasonable price (especially with a yellow card), there's generally a good mix of people in, and the music is pretty much spot on. A good mix of most types of Indie and Rock, I've heard some stuff played in there I would have never expected to hear without requesting it.

There are a few negatives though. Mainly the fact that it's going to be an absolute fucking nightmare to have a fag there now that the ban's in place and they really need to look in to some kind of balcony or quick route to a smoking area outside, as it's difficult enough to get to the toilet or bar when it's busy, never mind down the stairs to the door and back up again.

It would also be great if there was some way they could make Triple Kirks into a second floor of Exodus after 12. So there was somewhere to have a seat when it's packed.

Generally though I don't see there being any dip in Exodus popularity, it's pretty much always out the door at the weekend and there's not really anywhere competing in the same field.

Moshulu seems to be the only other major rock club in the city and it caters to a totally different market IMO (although there's obviously some crossover).[/quote']

Have you tried espionage for somewhere with like music or drummonds or oneills?

Have you tried espionage for somewhere with like music or drummonds or oneills?

I've only been in Espionage once, and from I remember it's mainly very mainstream Indie that they play, similar to Wednesday nights at Exodus. I'm generally in at the weekend when it's a much more eclectic mix.

I'm in Drummonds quite a lot but I wouldn't really class it as a club (which is what I'm discussing), I've never been in O'Neills so I dont know what the music's like.

Exodus is probably the only club that I'm in on a relatively regular basis. This is because' date=' the drinks are at a reasonable price (especially with a yellow card), there's generally a good mix of people in, and the music is pretty much spot on. A good mix of most types of Indie and Rock, I've heard some stuff played in there I would have never expected to hear without requesting it.[/quote']

How come i've never seen you there if you go so often? Probably cos i wouldn't know you if i saw you. Next time you go wear that jacket with "You Love Us" on the back.

How come i've never seen you there if you go so often? Probably cos i wouldn't know you if i saw you. Next time you go wear that jacket with "You Love Us" on the back.

I'm sure I sat across from you a while ago, I recognised one of your group (the one with the longest hair, possibly Laxton's Superb) and assumed the surrounding people were the rest of you.

I'd imagine the reason I've never seen you there is because it's normally absolutely heaving in Exodus I only have a very vague idea what you look like.

Back on topic, Exodus was pretty busy last night and that was a Tuesday, so I can't see it taking a drastic dip in popularity this weekend. The music was fantastic (Elvis, Nancy Sinatra AND The Supremes) and I had 'Vince Noir' shouted at me twice which made my night.

And as it turns out...Exodus was as busy as it ever has been on Saturday. The smoking ban seems to be working in our favour' date=' as there's normally about 20 people outside having a fag at any one time so there's slightly less of a crush in the areas around the dancefloor.[/quote']

When are you going to start putting your set lists up again? I miss them :down: