aberdeen-music

I think I've just had a epiphany

Birdman

Either that or I just farted.

But the epiphany, probably from God or somehting, is that Exodus, the well loved Aberdeen nightclub, will become desolate and unpopular after this coming April the first.

Mark it in your calender, Folks.

Neil can you mark it in the Aberdeen-music calender and i'll call the Evening Express just to make sure our backs are covered.

Either that or I just farted.

But the epiphany' date=' probably from God or somehting, is that Exodus, the well loved Aberdeen nightclub, will become desolate and unpopular after this coming April the first.

Mark it in your calender, Folks.

Neil can you mark it in the Aberdeen-music calender and i'll call the Evening Express just to make sure our backs are covered.[/quote']

Why will it be desolate and unpopular.. You gonna start another thread on April 1st saying so?

i used to love it

me too before it got so busy you had to queue for an hour after midnight to even get in the front door, then another half an hour at the bar. And the dirty looks from the trendy shits who should probably be in liquid, just because they think everyone has to dress like the kiaser chiefs to like and appreciate indie, although that is not proper indie anyway.

Fucking Pish.

But anyway, seriously, is this some sort of pre-april fool?

in their own bedrooms, with a new culture of in house partying, perhaps this is the future after april 1st, club culture moving into the home. Wow, you wouldnt have o pay, or queue for a drink, you can listen to what you want, and wouldnt get bottled/bashed, or evil looks from someone who doesnt think you look cool enough.

Hurrah!

Please point them out to me next time' date=' my senses must be less attuned than yours.[/quote']

Please do ... I admit that some nights can be quite good but 99% of the time, guys outnumber girls 10 to 1 and the music is pish.

So what do you want to hear' date=' then?[/quote']

Anything that's not pop punk or emo would be nice. What's Moshulu like normally?

Please do ... I admit that some nights can be quite good but 99% of the time' date=' guys outnumber girls 10 to 1 and the music is pish.

Anything that's not pop punk or emo would be nice. What's Moshulu like normally?[/quote']

If you're suggesting that only pop punk and emo gets played then you're an idiot. Certainly not the case on big Dave's shift. True about guys outnumbering girls though.

If you're suggesting that only pop punk and emo gets played then you're an idiot. Certainly not the case on big Dave's shift. True about guys outnumbering girls though.

Well ok I take that back about the pop punk and emo cos I'm normally pretty hammered and don't really know what's being played except that it's not really what I would listen to ... but seriously, what is Moshulu like?

Please do ... I admit that some nights can be quite good but 99% of the time' date=' guys outnumber girls 10 to 1 and the music is pish.

[/quote']

Go to liquid or espionage where people make it their mission to go out just to get some girl rather than have a good time.

Girls outnumber guys on Tuesday nights. I certainly don't play anything remotely resembling punk or emo then. :)

The weekends are probably split 60/40 in favour of males' date=' not much I can do about that other than play more girl-friendly music.

Moshulu is the haven of emo, [b']metal, punk and dance on Fridays, hard rock classics on Saturdays and cheese/hip-hop on Wednesdays. If anything, it's even more male dominated than Exodus. But they have poles...

i sense lies

Well ok I take that back about the pop punk and emo cos I'm normally pretty hammered and don't really know what's being played except that it's not really what I would listen to ... but seriously' date=' what is Moshulu like?[/quote']

Moshulu I find a much better night out. The music is largely Metalcore sort of stuff (with the exception of saturdays' Air Guitar Night - Yasss!!!!), which am nae really into, but they play some mellower stuff in the back and have nights for the genres Dave mentioned. I just find it a much better club. Much more breathing space, and the option to just chill out in the back, if you're nae feelin up to rockin' out front. :up:

Andy

Go to liquid or espionage where people make it their mission to go out just to get some girl rather than have a good time.

That's not nessesarily what I'm after. I am looking to go out and enjoy myself but I'm afraid I haven't had a good night in Exodus in a very long time. The presence of women is just an added bonus that Exodus doesn't have. Friday though was quite good but only because I don't remember much of it X)

What was this thread about originally...oh yes' date=' apparently next Saturday will be dead in Exodus. Anyone care to explain why this might be, apart from the fact it's during the uni holidays and the first full weekend of the smoking ban?[/quote']

Most of the students not from Aberdeen will probably go home on Saturday rather than Friday so that plus the smoking ban means that Birdman's prediction could actually be right.

The music in Exodus really is going downhill. It used to be so good but now they just play total pish all night ... and there are never any nice (single) girls there either :down:

So the question I have is' date=' where else is good in Aberdeen for a night out?[/quote']

there are fucking loads of nice single girls go to exodus, i think the music is great, it covers most peoples music tastes that go there and i like the way the djs are playing more older tunes aswell. It can sometimes get a bit repetitive but thats probs coz im there too much and the djs have to play what ppl want to hear. IMO exodus is by far the best club in the city and you have to go far to find a better night out. Also its like 1.75 a pint and 1.80 a nip n dash with a yellow card n thats at the weekend, what other clubs offer that?

I never go anywhere else apart from triple kirks and exo, theres no need to