aberdeen-music

so i got the latest nme

R.Borlax

i was cold had half an hour to kill and nothing better to do so.........

i purchased the nme' date=' what a joke! its just a newspaper sized kerrang but for mtv2ers

anybody know of any good music magazines? or websites?[/quote']

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It'd be good to have a read of a magazine that covers all kinds of genres as opposed to magazines, pigeon-holed to the current trend in music

I remember I once found a magazine called Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles which was most cool for the rather heavey varietys of music (The one I found had Anthrax and Nevermore in it, and more stuff like that) but I never managed to find it again here

I occasionally buy Q, which varies between Radiohead/Pixiesesc more popular styles of 'alternative' music, and some more trendy stuff, which is ok if you need something to read but I wouldn't buy it often

Really there are no good magazines that give you a decent selection of 'alternative' music - by that I mean pretty much anything from Radiohead to Metallica, I guess such a broad area would leave most people only reading a couple of articles out of the whole thing and ignoring the rest, apart from the few awkward sods who like a bit of everything

The only magazine I buy regularly is a guitar one (Guitar Buyer)

David

Guest bluesxman

I like Uncut. even though they rely on the same cover stories far too often (Beatles/Stones/Springsteen pop up too often), they also have some really good, decent length articles on more obscure bands. Also lots of good stuff on movies so it's a good mixture of topics. Mojo can have alright stuff in it but I buy it very infrequently based on what's on offer. Q is a lot better than it was years ago, they have got more with the times, lol. I ALMOST bought NME today when I saw Yeah Yeah Yeahs on the cover but resisted, I don't want to fall into buying it as a habit again....

here here' date=' the NME started going really shit when melody maker folder

speaking of melody maker does anyone remember the mr agreeable???[/quote']

Mr Agreeable was written by David Stubbs.

You can read some of them here - http://www.mr-agreeable.net/

Napalm Death are back with their third and latest album, Harmony Corruption.

Noisy little c***s! If I wanted to listen to a bunch of orang-utans being f***ing electrocuted en masse Id go down to a f***ing vivisection laboratory? Go stand in a bowl of water and change a lightbulb, you smegma-brained f***ers!

I observe in the state-controlled English press that Public Image Ltd, led by former punk rocker John Lydon, are set to release a new single.

Allahs nostril hairs, have none of your people the balls to suggest to the twat Lydon that he retire? Itd be different if someone told me to retire - Id have them flayed and disembowelled in a cruel and amusing manner in the market square. But what the f***s Lydon going to do? Sneer a bit? Tell this superannuated, weaselly twot where to get off with his over-extended career - and may the dung-heaps of forty camels descend on him from on high if he dares to appear on TOTP, the c***!

George Michael has -

C***! Next!

• Upvote 1

Mr Agreeable was written by David Stubbs.

You can read some of them here - http://www.mr-agreeable.net/

Napalm Death are back with their third and latest album' date=' Harmony Corruption.

Noisy little c***s! If I wanted to listen to a bunch of orang-utans being f***ing electrocuted en masse Id go down to a f***ing vivisection laboratory? Go stand in a bowl of water and change a lightbulb, you smegma-brained f***ers!

I observe in the state-controlled English press that Public Image Ltd, led by former punk rocker John Lydon, are set to release a new single.

Allahs nostril hairs, have none of your people the balls to suggest to the twat Lydon that he retire? Itd be different if someone told me to retire - Id have them flayed and disembowelled in a cruel and amusing manner in the market square. But what the f***s Lydon going to do? Sneer a bit? Tell this superannuated, weaselly twot where to get off with his over-extended career - and may the dung-heaps of forty camels descend on him from on high if he dares to appear on TOTP, the c***!

George Michael has -

C***! Next![/quote']

u legend!!!! i think neil should elect a mr agreeable for the aberdeen scene :)

back to the topic - my fave music magazine remains record collector, deffo one for trainspotters but the writing has always been consistently of a high standard