aberdeen-music

Spike the Cactus

Guest She-Wolf
I was in a band with Spike the talking cactus (or rather' date=' the guy who did his voice) - mind you , that's going back a fair bit - May 1988 I think.

Regards

Flossie[/quote']

Thats cool! Also when I was little me and my Mum and brothers went on little horse and cart rides round the park in summertime. I hope they still do that in summertime.

Duthie park used to be ace cos it had fish tanks and speaking parrots and amphibians but now its not so great.

very true, probably why i havent been there for years, except free at the dee last year which was.....well, it wasn't the best, but it was free, so thats as far as my complaining goes. But the Duthie Park has really let slip i think. I remember tha place used to be packed in summer with families when i was wee. I cant imagine it being the same.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i don't think any small child could suffer spike. it was literally terrifying. my only memory is of unadulterated fear, and then bubbling like a geyser

I was in a band with Spike the talking cactus (or rather' date=' the guy who did his voice) - mind you , that's going back a fair bit - May 1988 I think.

Regards

Flossie[/quote']

Come on then who is he? It would probably have been around 1988 that he called me a girl. I wasn't impressed :D:D (why did my parents make me have long hair ;( ;( )

Anyway, the terrapins were where it was at at Duthie Park. And the guy who played keyboard then admitted the whole thing came off a floppy and he was miming along!

I loved the boats, got videos of me on them when I'm little. Also me learning to ride a bike

Spike was ace, I remember seeing him on a P1 trip back in 1991/92. I used to love the dark rooms with the fish tanks in them.

What happened to all the parrots and monkeys that were there a few years ago?

• 2 years later...