aberdeen-music

Tapas Bar

Marillionboy

Guest Tam o' Shantie

damn, that's a really random question.

the only one i know of is la tasca, and it will never leave my memory as being one of the oddest meals i have ever had (not the food itself - the paella was fairly normal)

it an absolute rip off.dont bother.

it has a very nice interior and its a good place to take a date or something but only for drinks.

the food was really dissapointing and well over priced.Most of the dishes tasted similar and a fair majority of the meat just deep fried.The same tomato sauce was used for a variety of the dishes aswell.For like 4 quid a pop youd be better wining and dining in the likes of bar chi or howies.Would probably work out about the same price for a couple of coarse and a couple of drinks than it does for 7/8 pissy tasteless dishes with an exspensize bar.

Guest Laura@TMB
sounds ace!

LOL Bobby - you could do with fattening up a bit!

Never been to the place myself, so can't comment. Have heard varying reports though. Since it's part of a chain of restaurants, I've always imagined that the food served would be unimaginatively mass produced, microwaved, re-heated and deep-fried crap, so have steered clear of the place.

Guest Hon Jonda
Thanks for the advice' date=' cross that one off then. What do we reckon are the best places for a meal in Aberdeen in terms of simply nice food? For me I've always found La Lambarda good and The Light of Bengal.[/quote']

blue moooon BLUE MOOOON!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

order must have taken at least an hour to arrive. we ordered fresh bread, starters and then a main course. once our starter had arrived, i waited 5 minutes then pointed out that we were a little thirsty, so they took our drink order. then i asked them if we were still getting bread, so they took that across, then, some time later, they took over someone else's main course. i asked them if we could have the dish that we ordered. another 5 minutes passed then we got what we wanted, along with the sangria that by now i needed about 5 bottles of. the sangria was quite nice, but in the end we were quite full after a bit of paella so maybe ate half of it - it was pretty damn bland.

during the course of the meal, at least three waiters/waitresses must have dropped the plates they were carrying. i'm sure it was 4 in total, startling and irritating me each time. I quipped to the woman accompanying me to the evening "I thought this was a spanish place - are you sure we didn't book a GREEK restaurant instead?" she was in stitches, i have to say. the onyl saving grace was that we got a discount for reasons that i do not wish to specify.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Thanks for the advice' date=' cross that one off then. What do we reckon are the best places for a meal in Aberdeen in terms of simply nice food? For me I've always found La Lambarda good and The Light of Bengal.[/quote']

for well priced, authentic sicilian food served the right way, excellent service and great atmosphere, don't hesitate for a second - call rustico on union row. it is without doubt my favourite restaurant in the city and i always leave having spent less than 15 bucks, usually closer to 10

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Bom-diddy-bom-da-dangalanglang-ba-dang-a-dong-ding-dong

*ahem*

The aforementioned Howies is a really nice place' date=' good food and service. I've been there a couple of times and never been disappointed.

Silver Darlings by the harbour is superb but pricey, best for a special occasion.

The fish restaurant on the green...is it Verde? Never been but I've heard great things.[/quote']

Verde wasn't bad but a bit pricey, as far as i remember my girlfriend of the time was in a total fucking mood about something or other (pretty safe to assume this) so that kind of ruined my meal. i do however recall that the viniagrette dressing was awfully sweet which tasted a bit odd and not too pleasant. however, i also had a prawn dish which was lovely. it doesn't just do fish either.

the Nargile across from the noose and monkey.

its a turkish restaurant and its all taps based.Its amazing.So much food - good service and a real diverse taste in each dish.try these out to...

Howies

jewel in the crown

pacific winds

panino

the square

and of coarse

PAPPAGALLOS!

Aye, you're talking about La Tasca.

It's a good place to go before you hit the tiles into town; basically order fuck all to eat and plenty of wine. It only becomes expensive if you actually want to eat a full meal (about 6 tapas dishes). I have also heard that they play music and let you dance at the end of the night, but I've never stayed long enough.

However I do have to say they are one of the only places in Aberdeen that does mussels in garlic sauce and nice mushrooms.

La Tasca was taaaasty... but aye, prices = high. Careful if you're going in for a snapfax discount, they take the "management reserve the right to withdraw offer" smallprint new to this year's very seriously.

Personally I like Chi Bar, Jasmins and Saigon. I love my Chinese food.

Nargile was nice, a bit different, I'd never tried Turkish food before, for the most part I enjoyed it.

as far as i remember my girlfriend of the time was in a total fucking mood about something or other (pretty safe to assume this) .

Oi! Wasn't that the place with the scary ceiling fans and shiny knives, the small place where you are shoved in with no room to pull out a chair. Oh and fish. Hey, I think we covered all of my pet hates in one meal.

Guest Laura@TMB

My current shortlist, in no particular order, would have to be:

Bistro Verde

Cafe 52 (do a range of tapas in the afternoon?)

Cafe Panino

Carmines

Hungary Eater

Nargile

Nazma

Royal Thai

Rustico

and for a very, very special occasion

The Silver Darlings

Oh, I ate at La Tasca's once, and it was a blast. But I think that was just because I went with my two best friends, and we had lots of sangria. I think the food was alright, but aye, it was really over-priced.

But we made the boy pay for it, so I wasn't bothered.

The food is crap in la tasca, I've been twice and almost puked cos its mingin. Its all prepackaged frozen stuff that just gets heated up.

There's a place called the moonfish cafe thats meant to be amazing for tapas down behind Gap I think. La Bonne Baguette down there used to be excellent as well, not been for a few years though.

Guest Hon Jonda
The food is crap in la tasca' date=' I've been twice and almost puked cos its mingin. Its all prepackaged frozen stuff that just gets heated up.

There's a place called the moonfish cafe thats meant to be amazing for tapas down behind Gap I think. La Bonne Baguette down there used to be excellent as well, not been for a few years though.[/quote']

La bonne baguette was gutted by a fire last year