aberdeen-music

Tapas Bar

Marillionboy

The food is crap in la tasca' date=' I've been twice and almost puked cos its mingin. Its all prepackaged frozen stuff that just gets heated up.

There's a place called the moonfish cafe thats meant to be amazing for tapas down behind Gap I think. La Bonne Baguette down there used to be excellent as well, not been for a few years though.[/quote']

moonfish is a great place, pretty small, only about five or six tables i think. great menu and really decent staff. great atmosphere too.

I heard about that' date=' wasn't sure if it had reopened or not. Its a shame cos it was one of the better places to eat in aberdeen[/quote']

it's reopened.

i really like ciao napoli on bon accord terrace or poldinos on little belmont st for italian food.

never had a bad meal in la tasca. it's not amazing but it's a fun place and some of the food is pretty tasty. although if you're trying to impress a girl, wouldn't take her somewhere that they heat up the food.

La Tasca is balls. Seriously. And I KNOW, because I'm currently living in the world capital of tapas. Here, you can get such things as a sirloin of pork in a port sauce with accompanying delectable fried potatoes for roughly 1.40 a throw. I had chicken breast in an amazing almond sauce a few days ago from some bar, it was shit hot

My current shortlist' date=' in no particular order, would have to be:

Bistro Verde

Cafe 52 (do a range of tapas in the afternoon?)

Cafe Panino

Carmines

Hungary Eater

Nargile

Rustico

and for a very, very special occasion

The Silver Darlings[/quote']

That's spookily EXACTLY the same as my shortlist. But you obviously haven't been to the Hungary Eater in a while, as it's now called Goulash.

Guest Laura@TMB
That's spookily EXACTLY the same as my shortlist. But you obviously haven't been to the Hungary Eater in a while' date=' as it's now called Goulash.[/quote']

:up: you have good taste in food then Steve 8) Ha ha, you're right, haven't been to Goulash for a wee while. Ta for the name change info all the same.

When I lived at the old fire station' date=' I shared a flat with two Spanish guys who worked in La Tasca. I'm not sure if they still do. But I haven't risked going there incase they do still work there. They were really weird.

I've heard the foods nice, though.[/quote']

Haha I remember those guys!

With the pot of rice...

"Muchos Bubblose... Oh Noes!"

Hahaha!

Hogster - You been watching "Casper The Friendly Ghost" again?!

:p

Haha I remember those guys!

With the pot of rice...

"Muchos Bubblose... Oh Noes!"

Hahaha!

:p

Haha. I remember almost choking on my drink when you said that. I was expecting him to get pissed off because you were slagging him off, not reply with; "oh, muchos gracias, muchos gracias". lolzerz!1!111rofl.

I kind of miss taking the piss out of them.

I've been into La Tasca about 3 or 4 times and I thought it was overpriced for what you actually got.

The point of Tapas is to try lots of different dishes cheaply. They cost a fortune in there, so if you have about 5 tapas plates you're talking about a big bill for not much food.

Go for the Paella, it's large and a decent price to share.

Has anyone actually tried 'Cinnammon' at the top end of Union Street yet? It's been voted the best restuarant in Aberdeen 2005 apparently. Looks pricey according to the displayed menu.

Best restuarant / cafe for me is La Stella in the Adelphi. It too is expensive but well worth it.

I've been to La Tasca 3 times and I've enjoyed it although it is expensive for what you get. My favourite restaurants would have to be Poldino's, Yu and Chi. I also love Frankie and Benny's and although people have said they've had food poisoning from there, I still go there and have always enjoyed my meal. The service is also excellent.