aberdeen-music

Its a fact

JaseyBoi

Seen these on another board i use and found some of them quite interesting.So i thought id share them.

Most Amazing Facts

Coca-Cola was originally green.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men!

You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.

Spades - King David

Clubs - Alexander the Great,

Hearts - Charlemagne

Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.

If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.

If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laserprinters all have in common?

Ans. - All invented by women.

Question - This is the only food that doesn't spoil. What is this?

Ans. - Honey

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

A snail can sleep for three years.

All polar bears are left handed.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.

Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.

Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different

And finally 99% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow. (i know i did)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

Yer tongue's made up of several muscles!

It's the masseter muscle, if you go by the force you can exert on en external object, or the gluteus maximus if you go by the force exerted by the muscle itself. Or, if you want to go by force in relation to size of the muscle, then the uterus wins. But not everyone's got one of those, apparently.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.

Boo, I'm afraid this one's not true!

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.

Spades - King David

Clubs - Alexander the Great,

Hearts - Charlemagne

Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

The Queens and Jacks are named after famous historical figures too, with (this one's for Jester) the Queen of Spades representing Pallas.

If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.

If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.

If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

This was on QI last night, and apparently it's not true either - But I am taking the word of Stephen Fry.

So I'm not a killjoy, here's some facts unashamedly linked to my work:

Over half the bones in your body are in your hands and feet.

Bone is dynamic, and every ten years your body replaces the equivalent of your entire skeleton.

A giraffe's neck contains the same number of bones as a human neck.

I don't feel like such a c*nt now!

Guest tv tanned
This was on QI last night' date=' and apparently it's not true either - But I am taking the word of Stephen Fry.[/quote']

Mr Fry, or rather the QI researchers, are correct, the statue thing is false.

Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.

Nope, assassin comes from the Arabic hassissi, which means hashish eater I think. It was a name applied to Muslim fanatics who would get stoned out of their tits and bump off a Christian or three.

Bump is believed to be of Scandinavian origin.

Nope' date=' assassin comes from the Arabic hassissi, which means hashish eater I think. It was a name applied to Muslim fanatics who would get stoned out of their tits and bump off a Christian or three.

Bump is believed to be of Scandinavian origin.[/quote']

William Burroughs was always banging on about that in his books, so I'd say Shakespeare had nothing to do with it.

You can lick yr elbow if you cut yr arm off.

If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air' date=' the person died in battle.

[/quote']

What about when it has a cone on it's head?

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

Another inaccuracy I'm afraid. It's just that most people lack the flexibilty. They dedicated a whole segment of Brainiac on Sky to it after they made the same claim and around a dozen people sent in video clips of them successfully licking their elbows. but watching people try after they are told it's impossible is always kinda funny

Another inaccuracy I'm afraid. It's just that most people lack the flexibilty. They dedicated a whole segment of Brainiac on Sky to it after they made the same claim and around a dozen people sent in video clips of them successfully licking their elbows. but watching people try after they are told it's impossible is always kinda funny

I saw that one! My friend Jennah can succesfully lick her elbow. i can only an inch and half short.