aberdeen-music

Smoke free pubs

GraemeC

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT they should ban that stinky shop on Union street' date='the sweet sickly prefumy smell of soap or candles really makes me want to puke,FAR MORE than a smelly cigar or pipe.[/quote']

I am in full agreement here Biz, I have to hold my breath for a minimum of a 10 meter radius around that place. It's OK for me but what about old people who can't go 25 meters without breathing (because it takes them 20 minutes to travel that far for one thing)?

I often wonder if the people that work there will one day suffer from some horrible industrial disease. Anyone working there should demand full breathing aparatus. Places like Lush could turn out the be the asbestos plants of the 21st Century!

I am in full agreement here Biz' date=' I have to hold my breath for a minimum of a 10 meter radius around that place. It's OK for me but what about old people who can't go 25 meters without breathing (because it takes them 20 minutes to travel that far for one thing)?

I often wonder if the people that work there will one day suffer from some horrible industrial disease. Anyone working there should demand full breathing aparatus. Places like Lush could turn out the be the asbestos plants of the 21st Century![/quote']

A guy where I work now used to work there. He said he never got ill the whole time he worked there, like, colds and stuff, cs of all the essential oils in the place.

You have to wonder about people who can't stand the smell of soap tho!

people need to worry about the smoke that comes out the back of there cars (thus worrying about future problems) instead of worrying about themselfs...

Non Smokers in this thread are making tits of thereselfs IMO as all they say is "what about my health what about my health" but i bet they dont give a damn about there health when they eating kebabs..drinking 10 pints a nights....or having unprotected sex......but as soon as theres a bloody bandwagon the Fools jump on...........

if passive smoking is the ONLY damning thing in your life at the moment then im afraid your life sux Big time

if we're all making tits out of ourselves' date=' it's a good job that we've got you here to make an even better job of it.

jumping on a bandwagon? i mean it's not even as though smoking makes us stink, feel shite, get cancer or anything. when WILL we all start thinking for ourselves??

Other minor points:

Kebabs - if you eat one, we dont get fat.

Booze - if you drink, we dont get pissed.

[b']BUT

if you smoke smoke, you ARE directly affecting my health for the worse. that's the only thing of any importance and that's why it's been banned. if you can't figure that out, you're even more of an idiot than i gave you credit for.

if we're all making tits out of ourselves' date=' it's a good job that we've got you here to make an even better job of it.

jumping on a bandwagon? i mean it's not even as though smoking makes us stink, feel shite, get cancer or anything. when WILL we all start thinking for ourselves??

Other minor points:

Kebabs - if you eat one, we dont get fat.

Booze - if you drink, we dont get pissed.

[b']BUT

if you smoke smoke, you ARE directly affecting my health for the worse. that's the only thing of any importance and that's why it's been banned. if you can't figure that out, you're even more of an idiot than i gave you credit for.

yeah yeah yeah but i bet most of the people on hear are ranting on about our smoke is killing them but i bet they dont consider everything they do that is actually killing them... and yes WE choose to smoke and YOU dont..BUT god all mighty its not like all non smokers are walking about infected while us smokers kick back

The bandwagon

Of course non smokers think the ban is a good idea and i bet most smokers do aswell but if you consider how this ban was pu into place with absolutly no public opinion then doesnt it make u think what else the government can decide to ban in this free counrty we live in..

and more peple die from alchohol related illness/accident/general brawling than people do from passive smoking..

Maybe my wording is wrong or what ever as i aint 100% against the ban it just cracks me up that now the ban is in place all non smokers think its the best thing to ever happen. and that now they can continue there lives with no ill effects..

i started smoking at 12 (fucking extremly stupid i know) and i started when i was at school (illegal) ..we used to smoke behind the old school hut (illegal) and we used to get older people to buy our fags(illegal) ..so its not like this ban will stop people starting smoking...so yes all non smokers opinions on this ban are purely selfish ones.

If this ban had been isuued after the government had tackled other smoking related laws then id be a tad happier but they havent...they ban it in public ..the non smoking public feel the government has done something for them......Which in someways is right ,but in others its a SMOKE screen to them doing fook all about more pressing worries..

this ban was pu into place with absolutly no public opinion then doesnt it make u think what else the government can decide to ban in this free counrty we live in..

OK check out the weight of public opinion in the thread. And in both NY and Ireland' date=' the public are now strongly in favour of the ban.

and more peple die from alchohol related illness/accident/general brawling than people do from passive smoking..

You're clearly drinking in the wrong bars.

i started smoking at 12 (fucking extremly stupid i know) and i started when i was at school (illegal) ..we used to smoke behind the old school hut (illegal) and we used to get older people to buy our fags(illegal) ..so its not like this ban will stop people starting smoking...so yes all non smokers opinions on this ban are purely selfish ones.

Pah! At my school smokers were wimps, real men sniffed glue. They don't have bike sheds at schools now, just a parking lot for 4x4s.

Most of my friends learned to smoke in bars. I learned to smoke in order to take drugs. And as a result never actually became a smoker. Stopped the weed too several years ago. Now I just sit and gorge on kebabs and fish suppers all day.

Personally I only used to smoke in pubs to be considerate to the young children walking the streets so that they didn't have to breathe my smoke on their way to school.

:up:

I'm with you all the way on the smoking issue. It's the whole 'nanny state' that pisses me off. I'm too old and I've smoked for far too bloody long to give up without a struggle or a fight and if any other smug, non-smoking child tells me 'it'll be good for me in the long run and that you probably secretly want to give up' I will punch them, thus not benefiting their health. A mate of mine was walking down a main road in the US a few years back, and was asked to 'kindly extinguish your smoking material, my child is inhaling your smoke'. An interesting comment from the perspective of my 6 foot pal looking down at the knee high pushchair, in direct breathing line with all the nasty exhaust fumes from the big motor cars....

I dont drive. There - I dont pollute the atmosphere that way so its a sort of balance.

I'm with you all the way on the smoking issue. It's the whole 'nanny state' that pisses me off. I'm too old and I've smoked for far too bloody long to give up without a struggle or a fight and if any other smug' date=' non-smoking child tells me 'it'll be good for me in the long run and that you probably secretly want to give up' I will punch them, thus not benefiting their health. A mate of mine was walking down a main road in the US a few years back, and was asked to 'kindly extinguish your smoking material, my child is inhaling your smoke'. An interesting comment from the perspective of my 6 foot pal looking down at the knee high pushchair, in direct breathing line with all the nasty exhaust fumes from the big motor cars....

I dont drive. There - I dont pollute the atmosphere that way so its a sort of balance.[/quote']

Oh great, another desperate addict with a story to tell....:rolleyes:

My interpretation of a nanny state would be where the government introduce laws that protect you from yourself, this law is to protect others from you....you know, like a knife amnesty.

You don't drive, great, thanks for your concern for the environment....or is it you cant drive? the problem is, I would assume that the vast majority of smokers also drive so no help there eh...?

Guest tv tanned

Funny how when we talk about our right to enjoy smoke free venues we are bleating, nannying oppressors.

Yet when you moan about your right to smoke anywhere you like (which doesn't exist anyway regardless of the ban) you are defending freedom of choice.

I believe it is the same genetic abnormality that makes them think smoking is cool and trendy and not disgusting and filthy.

Its interesting to watch young smokers, the way they stand and hold the fag and look round to see if people are checking them out....girls appear the worst, I really dont understand the appeal....very odd.