aberdeen-music

ZOGHURT LAUNCH PARTY! 27TH Feb @ The Tunnels

StewCat

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk who are interested in colonopenbracket should come see them tomorrow before their gig in London. I can't help but feel that they are very much on the way to bigger things.

Also I should note that the new Holy Folks cd 'Old Photographs' will be on sale, aswell as a new FATRB mini-album demo featuring all new tracks. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

holy fuck/folk.

this has to have been the best aberdeen gig ive been to in AGES. sam beaton was a class act in a strange way.

fluffy atrb played the best set ive seen them play, triumphant set. the whole audience loved them from what i could see, that sort of adulation is what they deserve. the cover of james blunt was fucking hilarious,as was Hurricane Viking.

: ( - simply the best performance ive ever seen from a local act. swept me away. these guys are by far the best band in aberdeen at the moment. the complete package. the songs are just soooo damn catchy. whatever problems they had at the previous gig seemed totally ironed out as this was sounding perfect to me right down the front. they'll definatley go far.

I back everything this guy says.

The crowd was packed and they were great.

Sam Beaton was quite good and really enjoyed his set.

He has great potential.

Holy Folks minus some drawbacks played a really lively set,

FATRB played their best set yet. Maybe as it was more(dare i say) organised for them.

No idea to be honest.

:( Played phenomonally great. Mart has great presence on stage. Only problem is that both Alex and Ash(keyboard players) don't really move as much. Apart from that they were fantastic.

Very lively and tight.

It was ace.

Sam owned. He lsot his glasses and is hairy.

Holt folks were ace aace ace - really enoyed their set.

fluffy were so shit it was funny :) Enjoyed Bob Hoskins and sam's wild dancing. Human pyramid was good too.

I had to go before :(

Saying hello to fluffy whilst pouring my drink down my front was a bit funny aswell...

FAO MART - i think i walked into you. Sorry about that, we haven't officially met yet and im already assaulting you.

FAO MERCH GUY - hi, nice to meet you. What's your name again?

glad you all had such a splendid night, thought you might be interested in

these two superb March shows featuring some international artists & a couple of

locals making their debuts.

@ the Tunnels courtesy on interesting music promotions:-

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32761

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32763

What a fucking ace night.

Thought Sam was such a laugh and when he is remembering the words/how to play his songs he does have some catchy stuff.

Wasnt sure if i would like the Holy Folks but thought they were pretty dam good. Preferred it when Stewcat sang though.

FATRB were just funny - so funny it was entertaining.

Thought Colon were fantastic. First time i had seen them live and was well impressed. As soon as they start playing i felt the need to dance. And i much liked the 2 keyboard players :love:

Well im going to go against the trend....

Didnt see the first person.

Holy Folks: actually very good, enjoyed them.

FATRB: Utter shite, i know its supposed to be a joke, but its not funny.

Colonopenbracket: Hmmm, the one song that i like, which was my decider to go see them, was very good. But not being a fan of this whole genre, i found most stuff to be very samy. And i would ditch the girls, become a 2 piece.

:up:

I forgot loads of words and how to play songs last night, deary me. Had a good laugh though and generally acted like an idiot so it's all good. I promise to tighten up for the next one :)

Holy Folks were treemendoze, witty and with clever lyrics and catchy tunes.

FATRB are hilarious and dancable at the same time.

: ( had emo glasses. Enjoyable energetic set.

whos up for another one next monday then ;)