aberdeen-music

ZOGHURT LAUNCH PARTY! 27TH Feb @ The Tunnels

StewCat

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was devastated to miss almost all of The Holy Folks. That made me super sad. I thought Fluffy and the Rainbow Bunnies were really good. At previous gigs I hadn't been that keen on them, but they sure know how to work a crowd.

I thought : ( started well, but after a while it became a bit same-y. Also, it was really hard to hear the keyboards/synths/whatever over Mart's singing/screaming and Adam's drumming. But I'd still definitely go and see them again. They're the most original act going in Aberdeen at the moment.

The snow was pretty good as well.

Had a fantastic night. A really great, friendly atmosphere in the Tunnels last night. I can't be assed detailing the bands to full so I will shorten it down to a few words:

Sam Beaton - great opening set and some catchy songs

Holy Folks - very powerful and enjoyable indeed. The new songs are great

Us - That had to be the best gig we have ever played

: ( - Not bad at all actually! But from the back you could not hear the keyboards, just a wall of vocals and drums. This was concluded after I went to the front in order to get my Luigi cap back. Not really the type of vocals I dig but a good live performance was all I needed :)

Once again thanks for everyone coming and making the night a success

I was gutted in missing Colon Open-bracket, due to them being after my last bus.

Sam - Not really my cup of tea at all. Seemed a little unprepared; too many forgotten songs or lyrics.

Holy Folks - Quite liked them actually. Catchy, pleasant tunes. Only constructive criticism would be to keep practciing ana dgain more consistency/confidence; it seemed evident which were your" stronger" songs, or the ones you felt most comfortable with.

FATRB - Embarassing. Really. Seemed a tad disorganised and some of the material appeared to be delivered in a really sketchy manner. I see what you're going for I just didn't think you pulled it off or were paticularly funny. Some of the songs seemed too immature. Cut some of the banter and tighten up a bit.

I noticed that all bands seemed to have longer than the "average" 30 minute set. This really made the evening drag along. After that length of time all the bands started to get a bit tedious and I was just waiting for the next act. Maybe I'm just a bit bitter about missing Colon, but it did seem as though shorter sets would have kept the evening rolling.

Thats my god damn hand!

i really ,really enjoyed this gig.infact id go as far as saying its the best ive been to and the most fun ive had in about a year.really glad i went.good friendly croud,full of lovely people!

sam beaton:set the energy level and pace of the eveing and i thought he did really well.would never listen to his one pound cd!but id certainly have a drink with and see the man again.top stuff.

Holy Folks:pure entertainment,and all about fun.dont think they really give a shit about what people think of their music but in no way does that take away from there overall fun,warm and exciting factor.

Fluffy:fucking love these guys.more people that dont take themselves to seriously and thats the kind of people i like to meet!came on leaps and bounds from the last time i saw them - and for the fannys that didnt find them funny should just fuck off and play with themselves.

: ( - was so impressed by this band - by far aberdeens best all round band at the moment - solid,funky and fun.original and fresh - a great prospect.

Cheers for everyone who put up with my pissed slur afterwards!

Fluffy:fucking love these guys.more people that dont take themselves to seriously and thats the kind of people i like to meet!came on leaps and bounds from the last time i saw them - and for the fannys that didnt find them funny should just fuck off and play with themselves.

er no. If fluffy and the rainbows had sense they'd have quit by now. A joke band should last for 1 gig. As a joke. And for the joke to work - it has to be listenable, and it really isn't. A drum machine and retarded riffs isn't very nice on the ears.

yes, i enjoyed their set (because i danced around with sam and made a human pyramid) - but musically, I never want to hear it again (unless im pissed)...

Not a personal attack on the band....fluffy didn't laugh at me when i poured my drink down my front - so I'm grateful for that.

/rant over.

er no. If fluffy and the rainbows had sense they'd have quit by now. A joke band should last for 1 gig. As a joke. And for the joke to work - it has to be listenable' date=' and it really isn't. A drum machine and retarded riffs isn't very nice on the ears.

yes, i enjoyed their set (because i danced around with sam and made a human pyramid) - but musically, I never want to hear it again (unless im pissed)...

Not a personal attack on the band....fluffy didn't laugh at me when i poured my drink down my front - so I'm grateful for that.

/rant over.[/quote']

to be honest man i never noticed, i think your that guy that tapped me and said "im ben"

i felt bad as i thought i was supposed to know you so i wondered off

• Upvote 1

er no. If fluffy and the rainbows had sense they'd have quit by now. A joke band should last for 1 gig. As a joke. And for the joke to work - it has to be listenable' date=' and it really isn't. A drum machine and retarded riffs isn't very nice on the ears.

/rant over.[/quote']

but its arguable that they are a "joke" band - in which i feel they really arent.i thought it was listenable - and the fact that you were jumping around says to me you enjoyed them,liked them and like to see them again.so why be so rash on them?in my opinion their whole set was meant to be for their own fun and amusment - not to really win the hearts of dweebs like yourself.

we had a great time and love playing live

i started zoghurt so people old and young could all just kick back and have a laugh

i respect people see us as a immature band (some of our songs were written when we were 15/16) but if you listen to our music its just fucking pop music

you may not find us funny but were not asking you to nor are we asking you to watch us

we really just wanna have fun

i can see from the gig that fatrb really enjoy what they do' date=' and the crowd enjoys having a laugh/taking the piss dancing ect. was fun. musically pish if im honest tho, but comically gr8[/quote']

we are looking for a bassist and a drummer so we can start writing songs like horse

not directly ripping them off but definatly inspired by them

theres only so far two guys and a drum machine can go

does half man half biscuit get this slated?