aberdeen-music

Most Over-rated band of all time?

Lemonade

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Darkness - i liked their 1st album' date=' but so over-rated. Hawkins will be on a reality tv show within the next 5 years to revive his flagging "career".

U2 - slap on some delay, and have some whining self important c*nt rant on. never got them, Bono is the biggest wank on the planet.

Coldplay - Don't get me started on this mob. dull, depressing, i do not get them at all.[/quote']

I don't like them or anything but anyone who criticises Coldplay for being "depressing" renders anything else they say totally invalid.

I love how you capitalise all the bands' date=' so CONTROVERSIAL do you consider your choices to be. Oh MY, how could you SAY the UNSAYABLE? This is all so UNEXPECTED.

ETC.[/quote']

glad you appreciate my obviousness

but the thread does actually ask a very obvious question

*makes note that even leaving the CAPS lock on by mistake for a minute can cause trauma to those with special needs*

etc

It seems a couple of years ago that everyone loved Joy Division it seems trendy to hate them! Got to say I've never been the biggest fan myself though but they are alright bit depressing.

for every mindless trend there is always a mindless anti-trend

the circle of life.....

or something.

no doubt dude' date=' he's got ALL the skills! I love SAHB!

/x[/quote']

I've seen the SAHBs 5 or 6 times I think, from 95 onwards. I definitely preferred the previous lineup to this one where the singer is imo weak, but I would have loved to see the original band with the late Alex Harvey. I got into them through Fish covering 2 of their songs, then saw them playing the smae bill in 95, great intro to them. A very, very underated band,like Mott the Hoople, we need an underated band thread...

Cheers

Stuart

I've seen the SAHBs 5 or 6 times I think' date=' from 95 onwards. I definitely preferred the previous lineup to this one where the singer is imo weak, but I would have loved to see the original band with the late Alex Harvey. I got into them through Fish covering 2 of their songs, then saw them playing the smae bill in 95, great intro to them. A very, very underated band,like Mott the Hoople, we need an underated band thread...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

You're the MAN!!!

I got into them whilst they were still on the go with Alex. He was spellbinding live.

I reckon that "Delilah" effective torpedoed their shot at glory. I say that because whenever you mentioned SAHB, folk would look nonplussed, then go "Oh aye, them that did thon Tom Jones song? Good laugh that!". They were criminally mistaken for a vaudeville act and I think many people dimissed them for that.

Cleminson is God. I had him lined up to sign the scratchplate on my new Strat (USA, of course) at the Garage gig, but had to miss it coz I was I'll.

Bummer - I'll catch them this year hopefully - after missing the frist 5 numbers of the Moshulu gig.

Good idea - let's start an "Underrated Band" thread - It'll be positive at least!!!

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band are my all time faves. All you guitarists should catch them later this year for a masterclass in musicianship and showmanship from Zal Cleminson - he's the reason I started playing:up:

I was listening to the "Live" album before I came to work, I was lucky enough to see them live (with Alex) at the Apollo many years ago, I saw them at the Lemon tree as the Sensational party boys and then at Drummonds a couple of years ago, they are one of my fav bands of all time....:love:

Where and when?

I'm assuming that they will play Aberdeen again Nov/Dec 2006. Certainly that's the impression I got from the posts on the Yahoo forum (SAHBSTORY). Martin Kielty' date=' their manager, seemed pretty positive that they'll be back.

There was also a mention of a special Aberdeen gig beacuse of the f***-up at Moshulu, where most of us missed 30-40% of the show, owing to an early start.

I don't know if you caught them last time or in 2004, but they are on [b']fire. The new singer, Max Maxwell, is settling in nicely and his voice has improved out of sight this year.

I always thought Zal was brilliant, but his playing was stratospheric this time out. Myself and my long-time tutor (a genius guitarist himself) were simply blown away. It's made me raise my game and I'm practicing harder than ever, although I know I couldn't ever carry his gig bag.

Always happy to spraff with another SAHBster :up:

DZL

glad you appreciate my obviousness

but the thread does actually ask a very obvious question

*makes note that even leaving the CAPS lock on by mistake for a minute can cause trauma to those with special needs*

etc

Ahaha, special needs! You're making allusions to me having some sort of mental disability, how hilarious! If I wasn't far too dumb to realise what this meant, I'd probably be offended! What a hilarious controversial ageing punk prankster you are Mr Betamax, sir! Woo!

Guest Bob Double Jack
I don't like them or anything but anyone who criticises Coldplay for being "depressing" renders anything else they say totally invalid.

pish - i find them depressing and' date=' as this is [b']my opinion , it is totally valid.

opinions are like aresholes - everyone has one and each one is as "valid" as the next one.

thank you.

Ahaha' date=' special needs! You're making allusions to me having some sort of mental disability, how hilarious! If I wasn't far too dumb to realise what this meant, I'd probably be offended! What a hilarious controversial ageing punk prankster you are Mr Betamax, sir! Woo![/quote']

popcorn anus

*wonders how/when I became a 'punk'*

EDIT: if I use capitals again will you piss your pants? (oops I just did)

*smells piss*

Coldplay...the new U2....god help us

Coldplay are without doubt over rated.

So were U2 IOM.

whilst ranting about U2....

It never siezes to amaze me when people like Bono say they are trying to save the starving world. One or two pages from his bank book would go a long way to keeping a whole village in food for years