Chelsea v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Arsenal

Werder Bremen v Juventus

Bayern Munich v AC Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Lyon

Ajax v Inter Milan

Benfica v Liverpool

Rangers v Villarreal

Bring on Benfica! We'll show you dirty Manc's how you do it in Europe!

I think Arsenal have got an easier draw than you'd think. Madrid are a shadow of their former selves, and unless a new manager can get them playing as a team then I can see Arsenal walking it.

Chelsea/Barcelona...again. :sleeping:

Guest DustyDeviada

Don't know who you're referring to Beeker, I was clearly referring to rangers as "they" in my post ("they'll be out" ie Rangers) and taylor is a Liverpool fan by the look of it.

I ain't no hun. I've killed men for less, just watch it, boy.

Don't know who you're referring to Beeker' date=' I was clearly referring to rangers as "they" in my post ("they'll be out" ie Rangers) and taylor is a Liverpool fan by the look of it.

I ain't no hun. I've killed men for less, just watch it, boy.[/quote']

i'll go crawl back into my JD. apologies Talyor - read the post wrong... haha. christ i need more to drink.

Carlsberg new advertising campaign after Sunday.

"Carlsberg do sponsor football teams..." (picture of Liverpool shows on TV) "...and they're probably the best team in the world. Carlsberg' date=' probably the best lager in the world."

:up:[/quote']

and as of sunday (fingers crossed) will officially will be the best team in the world :)

chelsea have a good chance against barcelona, but i cant see arsenal beating real madrid

I'm just fucking glad i've got Sky Sports, I tell thee!

Barca v Chelsea is about as good a game as you could get in European football - both teams probably thought they had a fair chance of winning it. Good draw for the Reds. Arsenal are capable of beating Real on their game. Just watch Juve - they are shit hot at the moment and I reckon they will destroy werder Bremen.

Hopefully my team, Inter, can progress - A few from the Emporer should see off Ajax!

Guest neil ex

Well apparently Jose Mourinho wasn't bothered about winning their group anyway... Aye right!

Chelsea v Barcelona and Bayern Munich v AC Milan - with those draws happening at the earliest stage of the knockout rounds, I reckon it'll open the tournament up so any club has a chance of winning it except Rangers.. :laughing:

Barca and Chelsea may have been favourites, but as the past two winners of the Champions League have proven, you don't have to be playing the best football to win the competition.

I'm a Liverpool fan and last season I think we were lucky more than anything in the Champions League(except the final... we deserved that). We were moments away from being out at the group stage last year until Stevie G saved our bacon again.

Glad that man re-signed for us.

As for the knockout round, Benfica will not be an easy game. Liverpool fans must also remember, we wanted Simao from them... that ain't gonna happen now. They'll wanna keep their best players until the end of the season now. I think if we can play as well as Benitez has us playing just now, there's a chance we can take this team, or in fact, any team. Just one stage at a time though.

As for the huns... their fucked. Villareal will have them no bother. Yesterday some guy was delighted with that draw. I was thinking, I would of rather had a fairly big team like Real Madrid at Ibrox than Villareal. Go out in style against one of the big teams. But meh, that lot are just happy still being in the competition i guess

Pissed off Liverpool got Benfica, I just hope it leads to a more embarrasing exit.

Chelsea - Barca should be a cracker again but as the ties aren't played for a couple of months yet you can't say what sort of form teams will be in.

I think there's more than enough time for Real to find some form which would be very bad for Arsenal.

Btw Inter are actually up to 2nd in Serie A, joint wiht Fiorentina, after their win over Milan, still 10 points behind the mihgty Juve though.

You should see the Spanish press - "Rangers will pose no problem whatsoever for Villarreal, dream draw...etcetera"

It may be true, but by the same token Rangers will be delighted to have avoided bigger names, despite the dangerousity of Villarreal (I know that word doesn't exist). And Rangers can rape anyone at Ibrox, just depends if they can be arsed

Juventus are cruising but the Milan game worries me that against the big teams we can still be found out. You'd probably get good odds on Juve at the moment though as the press haven't really bee nspeaking about them over here. I wouldn't bet against a less fancied side winning it again. PSV will give anyone a game, I would still say the favourites have to be Chelsea, Barca, Juve and Milan just now though.