aberdeen-music

Senseless vandalism could put an end to Foyerlive

Guest Startex

Guest Startex

Notice to all fans of Foyerlive shows out there

Thanks to an idiotic minority who caused a lot of damage downstairs in Cafe Drummonds at the Foyerlive Birthday Gig on Friday 2nd, these shows are now in serious danger and may have to come to an end. I will be meeting with Cafe Drummonds this afternoon to discuss this and will post on here when I know what's going to happen.

:swearing:

Meanwhile, if you know anything about the damage caused or suspect that someone you know may have been involved, please put some serious pressure on them and ask them NEVER to attend another gig that you are involved in. It's a real shame that the shows we all love are being threatened by a bunch of stupid wannabe's who have no respect for anything.

:down:

Thank you

Shame on whoever was involved. Foyerlive shows aren't so bad that you have to break down a wall to escape ;)

...kidding.

Seriously, shame on whoever did this. There's no excuse for that kind of vandalism, and even if it's nothing to do with Foyerlive (drummonds does attract a lot of random neds, etc), it's a shame that it's their cause that has got tarred with the "yob" stick.

Do they not have CCTV down there?

edit : I wouldn't say that Foyer Music particularly deals with disadvantaged people, they help a lot of people, as it's open to all people. None of the bands on the bill were/are ned bands either, so it's surreal that such a thing has happened at one of their shows.

Dave, don't give in to the mindless fools who did it.

I don't get idiots who vandalise stuff. What's the point?

Take for example, the pavillion in my village.

It's been vandal free for years, the all of a sudden, someone decides to break one of the panes of glass.

Said pane gets fixed, then it gets broken like the day after.

Now, another two panes have been smashed in.

All 3 panes have been left, probably because they'll get broken again, as soon as their fixed.

Fucking kids. I had respect for property and stuff when I was younger, it's not that hard a thing to do.

I know how Dave feels. 2nd ever gig I promoted at the Hull Adelphi resulted in someone smashing the fire exit in and forcing a broken bottle down the toilet. This ended up in my band at the time Welcome to Joetown, along with Dropouts Theorem, Pinkeye and The Flatline all being banned from the venue for a few months. It's a shame.

There was more than just the wall was there not? Smashed mirrors/lights etc. I hear, could be bullshit mind.

Wreck a gig, it can stop promoters getting to book there again, which hurts you as well (unless you're a one gig a year mates' band only type), so basically you're wrecking you're own stuff. Clever.

i wouldn't look too far beyond the bands that were playing - the band area downstairs is a privilege granted to playing bands, not an area to be abused or taken for granted. on the night there were bands smoking pot down there - hey, smoke pot all you want! but don't assume you have the right to do it in a venue you are guesting at. likewise, the damage outside the male toilets was done at an early stage, i'd be surprised if some of the bands playing didn't know who was responsible.

i've seen much better foyer nights at drummonds; i've got to say that on that friday, there was a distinct lack of authority from any foyer staff who had, for the most part, commandeered the venue. nobody seemed to take responsibility for running the night when things started to go wrong.

i wouldn't look too far beyond the bands that were playing - the band area downstairs is a privilege granted to playing bands' date=' not an area to be abused or taken for granted. on the night there were bands smoking pot down there - hey, smoke pot all you want! but don't assume you have the right to do it in a venue you are guesting at. [/quote']

Well I was down there a fair bit, it certainly wasn't my band smoking pot. If I'd known the chances are I'd have said something, because like you say, the downstairs area is a privelege, as opposed to a right.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Startex

Two points in the stuff that's been written in here. Firstly "Don't look any further than the bands who were playing". What a pile of bollocks. I can't believe you would seriously try to blame the bands who were playing for wrecking the toilets. Secondly, "kinda goes with the territory when dealing with disadvantaged kids". Are you real? Get a grip. I take it you presume that everyone who comes to the drummonds shows is "disadvantaged"?

I think I'll leave it at that until someone actually post something worth reading in here.

Worth saying that the reason we posted in here about the damage that night was merely to put pressure on those who did the damage as agreed with Eric at Drummonds. It worked 100% and we know know exactly who was involved. They will not be admitted to any of the future Foyerlive shows.

There is another Foyerlive gig planned for Friday 31st March at Cafe Drummonds and we will soon post the bands playing in here. Meannwhile, I hope you've all got your hands ona copy of the Foyer Records CD! :band:

Two points in the stuff that's been written in here. Firstly "Don't look any further than the bands who were playing". What a pile of bollocks. I can't believe you would seriously try to blame the bands who were playing for wrecking the toilets. Secondly' date=' "kinda goes with the territory when dealing with disadvantaged kids". Are you [b']real? Get a grip. I take it you presume that everyone who comes to the drummonds shows is "disadvantaged"?

I think I'll leave it at that until someone actually post something worth reading in here.

Worth saying that the reason we posted in here about the damage that night was merely to put pressure on those who did the damage as agreed with Eric at Drummonds. It worked 100% and we know know exactly who was involved. They will not be admitted to any of the future Foyerlive shows.

There is another Foyerlive gig planned for Friday 31st March at Cafe Drummonds and we will soon post the bands playing in here. Meannwhile, I hope you've all got your hands ona copy of the Foyer Records CD! :band:

you misquoted and misinterpreted what i said - my point was twofold - that bands were abusing the privilege of the downstairs area, so it is not inconceivable that they could have been responsible for the damage; secondly, the bands on the night obviously had a lot of fans and friends from the schools they attend - and as a result, would probably know of or know whom was responsible for the damage.

also, i never said anything in my post about disadvantaged kids.

That was everyone's favourite bastion of local knowledge of venues' date=' bands, sound, promoting, law, top-rated pasta recipes and wellington boot repairing Cloud I believe but he cleared it up via an edit?[/quote']

Yup...

What the hell is a "ned band"? o_O