aberdeen-music

STAND-UP GUY (NI) return to Aberdeen SAT 17TH SEPT

countess shazula

STAND-UP GUY

Arkade Projects are pleased to be hosting the return of Stand Up Guy to Aberdeen...because of the short notice this show will take place at Captain Toms (which the band are delighted to be doing!) usual applies...DONATIONS AT DOOR AND BYOB!!

'4 piece noisecore band from Belfast. Formed in 2001, Stand-Up Guy have toured & played with the likes of Medulla Nocte, Darkest Hour, Palehorse, Cyclefly as well as touring Scotland twice over. Two CDs so far, both earning rave reviews in local & national press. Influenced by the likes of Neurosis, Will Haven, Isis, Tool & earthtone9.'

'Rising from the remnants of Shake-down, SUG have created an excellent local reputation with their atmospheric noise-core. Wonderfully horrific twin vocals and clever use of texture and space create a healthy recipe for ear damage.

in 2002, 'Immobliare' came and left its sizable mark. The band's enviable ability in fusing melancholy with earth moving weight has seen some truly immersive live performances over the last three years, and with a UK tour support slot to Murder One under their belts as well as a Scandanavian jaunt with The Dagda, this band is at an all time high. Their debut album, "In Fixation, Conspire" was launched as the debut venture for Distortion Project Records: This band is headed for big things...as we always knew'

support from SKYPILOT ( more info when i get it)

local support tbc also

"In Fixation, Conspire" review...

Terrorizer Magazine. Feb 2005

http://www.terrorizer.com/

Three years of gruelling and acclaimed live work since 'Has Anything You've Ever Done...' debut disk was voted 'Demo of the Month' in these pages, Belfast's Stand-Up Guy have blossomed into a fearsome musical force. Churning then spinning out monster riff ride after monster riff ride, "In Fixation, Conspire" feels so sure of itself that you'd almost think these four free-thinking, soundscape metalcore musclemen had hijacked Cult of Luna's recently-repo'ed riff machine in order to make it. Stand-Up Guy infuse a confidence and a presence into this ambitious 50 minutes offering which is truly robust. The band may not be 'on' during every minute - 'The Constant Gossip of the Workplace' overstretches itself somewhat, while the emo-isms of 'Burning Paper in Bleeding Hand' occasionally overstay their welcome - but with this much Neurosis-indebted, 'The Beyond''-esque magic in the air great things can only be just over the horizon. Fingers crossed and calendars out, people.

8/10. Paul Shwarz

bit gutted were going to miss this. plazing in Bratislava, Slovakia tonight. Be sure and tell Paul SUG why we couldnt be there.

If this gig is poorly attended then everybody who claims to be part of this scene can fuck off and die, apart from those at the gig and those witha good excuse like i got arrested for asking a girl do zou wanna fuck and listen to korn in german.

Oh man, what a night. Em... I can't comment on anything really because, on the whole, I recall very little of the gig. I was completely fucked, as could be seen.

Yeah, I would just like to take this oppertunity to apologise to all who were there for anything I may have done, as I've been told I was pissing off a few people... :down:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yeah' date=' I would just like to take this oppertunity to apologise to all who were there for anything I may have done, as I've been told I was pissing off a few people... :down:[/quote']

Eek, Evacuating Heaven have gone emo!