aberdeen-music

fat person sues doctor for telling her she is obese

Stripey

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050824/ap_on_fe_st/obesity_complaint

This is so bizarre I can barely believe it. Anyone else here think that obese people should be charged extra taxes for the space they take up on public transport and pavements?

no, I think the people making shit food should be taked more.

(which will, in a "round"about kind of way, tax the chubbers.)

classic : "sorry about your weight" is what McDonalds et al will have to say now...

it's people like that who deserve the taste to be slapped out of their mouths, sueing a man who helps you when your ill, gives you vital advice and saves lives every fucking day

"oh he called me fat" then he should be called captain fucking obvious you grotesque piece of obese shit

grinds mine and peter griffins gears

Absolute Scum.

And I bet the lawyer was like all " Oh My God, he deserves to be sued" , knowing fine well that it is a cheap move to pull on a doctor... Good chance he could get his Doctoring license revoked because of this FAT FUCKER....Sue me you fat cunt. C'mon.

Be shit if they did like.... :swearing:

It doesn't say anywhere in that article that she's suing him........

But yes, I get extremely irritated at this whole issue of fat people suing MacDonalds, cancer sufferers suing tobacco companies etc. I don't believe many of them actually believe their right to do this, it's really beyond any reasoning, but some of these fuckers will do anything for a quick buck.

I am disgusted at the amount of horrible things said in this thread, do you people know how hard it is to lose weight, and how easy it is to eat crap when you are surrounded by this negative shit that people give out.

One woman complains so people with weight problems are basically slated - this is a peace of shit. The sitution at the moment wth changing school meals and the likes proves that the junk we give kids is addictive no wonder when they get older its like lets blame someone.

and some docs can be very unkind in their approach to obesity.

It doesn't say anywhere in that article that she's suing him........

But yes' date=' I get extremely irritated at this whole issue of fat people suing MacDonalds, cancer sufferers suing tobacco companies etc. I don't believe many of them actually believe their right to do this, it's really beyond any reasoning, but some of these fuckers will do anything for a quick buck.[/quote']

its the people who sue the council for thousands because they tripped on a curb that piss me off, fucking scum

Guest AmbientMood
Why is that then?

Because in the case of tripping on a curb, an action surely down to the individual's own lack-of-awareness, suing the council could be accurately deemed 'gold-digging'?

I am disgusted at the amount of horrible things said in this thread' date=' do you people know how hard it is to lose weight, and how easy it is to eat crap when you are surrounded by this negative shit that people give out.

One woman complains so people with weight problems are basically slated - this is a peace of shit. The sitution at the moment wth changing school meals and the likes proves that the junk we give kids is addictive no wonder when they get older its like lets blame someone.

and some docs can be very unkind in their approach to obesity.[/quote']

ooo hit a sore spot there.maybe i should sue people for calling me slim.

Because in the case of tripping on a curb' date=' an action surely down to the individual's own lack-of-awareness, suing the council could be accurately deemed 'gold-digging'?[/quote']

It depends. If you trip and it's your own fault, then you have no right to sue someone over it. If you trip over because of the negligence of a council worker, they haven't filled in a drain properly and left it unmarked for example, then you could sue if you were injured I suppose.

I remember something about the council having a duty to make sure there are no slabs, drains, etc protruding more than a couple of inches from the actual pavement. Maybe I made that up though.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i have a thing against fat people' date='unless they have a disorder.im a long way from fat so im not worried about a thing.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm the same. It just doesn't seem right in a world where people die of starvation.

Years ago, I worked with someone who was a ridiculous width. One day I saw her scoff a full 2-litre tub of Asda triple-choc ice cream, demolished in the blink of an eye. I felt physically sick, I really did. I was revolted. I said "Hungry?" and she said "Comfort eating". Fucking comfort eating because she was "lonely". Perhaps if she wasn't so fucking gargantuan then she might attract someone. An extreme example perhaps, but people have turned responsibility evasion into an art form.

That said, there's nothing more attractive than curves on a woman. Curves yes, layers and folds, no.

Yeah' date=' I'm the same. It just doesn't seem right in a world where people die of starvation.

Years ago, I worked with someone who was a ridiculous width. One day I saw her scoff a full 2-litre tub of Asda triple-choc ice cream, demolished in the blink of an eye. I felt physically sick, I really did. I was revolted. I said "Hungry?" and she said "Comfort eating". Fucking comfort eating because she was "lonely". Perhaps if she wasn't so fucking gargantuan then she might attract someone. An extreme example perhaps, but people have turned responsibility evasion into an art form.

That said, there's nothing more attractive than curves on a woman. Curves yes, layers and folds, no.[/quote']

lmao,EXACTLY!

Perhaps if she wasn't so fucking gargantuan then she might attract someone.

That said' date=' there's nothing more attractive than curves on a woman. Curves yes, layers and folds, no.[/quote']

You are right, it is sad that people die everyday of starvevation yet we waste so much/gorge ourselves. but the western world is different, because we have such easy access to food we dont feel guilty about wasting it.

As for people who comfort eat, it is easy to mock but not easy for the person. I agree that she was eating a massive amount in one sitting and i know of no one who can/will consume so much in one sitting.

When you comfort eat because of personal distress, in this case being lonley, you get stuck in a circle. you have no one, so console yourself with food, which makes you put on weight. with people mocking the fat you feel worse, so then console yourself with food. etc etc

people cope with distress in differnet ways, some cut themselves, some drink, some cut themselves off. would we be so quick to mock them?

But seriously' date=' how can you possibly sue someone for name calling?

[/quote']

This is what goes on all the time..... what's the difference between calling someone a fat bastard or a muslim bastard? That's name calling. Where's the difference? They chose to be a muslim, the fatty chose to be fat.

You shouldn't be done for name calling unless you are inciting violence.