aberdeen-music

what's with all the fuckin' smoke!

prof_lofi

I walked out of Safeway (sorry' date=' more-reasons-to-shop-at-Sainsbury's) at 9pm tonight and there was a thick haze of smoke and a burning smell all around. Looks like it's drifted down to Fittie.

No idea what caused it, though.[/quote']

that's exactly what i'm talking about, man it can't be healthy! cough, cough!

P&J, yesterday -

" Firefighters continued to battle a fire in an area of scrubland in Aberdeen yesterday. Five officers in one appliance spent most of the day in the Torry Gramps fighting a blaze near the water treatment works. A spokeswoman for Grampian Fire and Rescue Service said the operation was stood down at around 5pm. Officers have been tackling blazes in the area, officially known as Loirston Country Park, for the last 10 days."

Been going on all summer, happens every year.

Last Sundat there appeared to be a big fire close to Fitte' date=' anyone know what that was. There's a burning smell that's arrived via my window while I was out and is lingering around. It's travelled a fair way, as I'm in Bridge Of Don.[/quote']

Yep, me too. Danestone is smokey smelling!

There were a few fires over that way 2 weeks ago, which I could see from Seaton. Also, I saw smolke and flames which looked rather high that appeared to be in the Gramps. Something has been smouldering near footdee for over a week now. I flew to Luton last Friday and returned yesterday. Both times I could clearly see smoke bellowing from something, but I'm not sure what it was.