aberdeen-music

All Time Favourite Crisp

jonty84

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole ripoff range that McCoys are doing (opposing Sensations) are soooo good - the Grilled Steak, Sweet Chilli Chicken (no chicken, same as Walkers Sweet Chilli... yum regardless) and Oriental Ribs.

Dang they're good.

Guest DustyDeviada

Salt and vinegar squares without question, though an honourable mention to pickled onion monster munch. That said, the small monster munch crisps that you get these days in no way compare to the larger versions available in the halcyon crisp days of the 1980s.

And I do remember hedgehog flavour crisps.

Oh, and does anyone like salt & Shake crisps? They're really salty, especially the little blue ones.

Tomato crisps are great.

Many years ago i would have said Pickled Onion Monster Munch but they are crap not as they have shrunk. (old man rant ahoy) In my day they were huge, you could survive for 3 weeks on one packet now there just piddly wee crappy fake monster munch.....whew i feel better now.

i used to love chipsticks, especially plain ones. i used to stick about ten in my mouth at once.

space raiders and ye olden monster munch of yester year were a favourite too. i haven't seen them for years, but i used to love this other corn snack, it was like loads of little footballs and they tasted a bit like beefy monster munch.

i too hate the way things have shrunk. i bought a magnum ice cream the other day at a petrol station and was hellish disappointed with its miniscule proportions. what was worse was that the little bastard shot out of the bag and across the forecourt... and that i picked it up within the five second rule and ate it anyway.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Scampi and Lemon Nik-naks. They stink to high heaven but they're bloody fine. I think Morrison's is the only supermarket that sells them here.

I used to love the Tudor Specials range. Sadly missed.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Scampi and Lemon Nik-naks. They stink to high heaven but they're bloody fine. I think Morrison's is the only supermarket that sells them here.

I used to love the Tudor Specials range. Sadly missed.

can buy boxes at my work Jake. Will hunt about for the price the next time I'm in if I remember.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
can buy boxes at my work Jake. Will hunt about for the price the next time I'm in if I remember.

Mark, you just made my day! Let me know, boxes of 48 is it?

Guest Bob Double Jack

thai sweet chicken mccoys specials - best crisp of the last 2 years.

chilli extreme doritos

space raiders (pickled ingin)

old style massive pickled ingin monster munch - not the new(ish) ones

salt n vinegar squares

i love crisps - they are the f'kin mutts nuts

The best salty snacks:

Old skool - Jaws (BBQ, and spicy tomato), Football Crazies (bacon), Meenies (5p pickled onion snacks), monster munch (they used to do a tomato sauce flavour back in the bigger snack era) and lastly I cannot remeber their name, but they were called something like mexican wheelies, and had a mouse on the front (spicy).

more recent snacks:

Nik-Naks (scampi and lemon, and nice n spicy), roysters (t-bone steak), Scampi fries, Brannigans (roast beef and mustard, and smoked ham and pickle), Monster munch (all flavours), and Mccoys (salt and vinegar).

Honourable mentions to bacon frazzles, cheese and tomato puffs, and salt and vinegar squares