aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

McNaughton to Fulham?! we better get a shed load of cash for him!. Fingers crossed it wont be another "Stephen Glass" scenario. Kev has been with us since he was 13 so we should be entitled to a wedge of cash. Why is it Premiership teams think they can rip off the SPL but for some reason it's ok to pay millions for other journey men from random English sides.

still' date=' maybe we could buy Ryan Smith from Buckie - he's better than kev anyway!![/quote']

We're not "entitled" to anything. He's simpl;y out of contract in the summer and has refused the new contract put in fromt of him. If we don't sell him now he will be enitled to walk out of the door for free. I'd get rid of him now while there is interest and take the fifty grand signing on fee or whatever it would be.

Kevin McNaughton is a player who has been in steady decline for the past two seasons. In that time he has never matched the fine performances he used to give week in, week out.

Maybe a victim of his own versatility - Maybe a lack of effort. But I hope he is sold sooner rather than later.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is.... which Dunfermline player are you going to replace him with??

Don't think we need to replace him to be honest. Hart and Byrne are perfectly suitable full-backs. Chris Clark is also a decent replacement at right-back. But if we are going into the market, I'd like to sign Robbie Neilson from Hearts. Rix has frequently said they're after a new right-back, so presumably that means Neilson would be available. I would estimate selling SuperKev this month would get us about 300 000 or 400 000, and a bid of around 250 000 would probably secure Neilson. Should he want to come north. Or David McNamee from Livi - currently on his way back from long-term injury, shouldn't be difficult to prise him away.

Love from christy

I'd like to sign Robbie Neilson from Hearts. Rix has frequently said they're after a new right-back' date=' so presumably that means Neilson would be available. I would estimate selling SuperKev this month would get us about 300 000 or 400 000, and a bid of around 250 000 would probably secure Neilson.[/quote']

Much as I'm not his greatest fan, Neilson's got a fair amount of time left on his contract, and I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon. There's been interest from a couple of Premiership clubs (I know not why), and the prices being talked about are considerably more that 250k.

Much as I'm not his greatest fan' date=' Neilson's got a fair amount of time left on his contract, and I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon. There's been interest from a couple of Premiership clubs (I know not why), and the prices being talked about are considerably more that 250k.[/quote']

Seriously?! I'd be amazed. He's a decent player, but a non-international and Hearts seem willing to sell him. O well, as long as it's not Jamie fucking McAllister! The boy Kirk Broadfoot at St Mirren is another crackin prospect, but prefers playin in the centre. Would love to see him sign tho.

On another note - anyone else notice that Stephen 'Beckham' Payne has just joined Stranraer from QOS?

love from christy

Sounds like the Dons were totally under the kosh for the second half. Who would've thought that Jimmy would shut up shop after going ahead in a match!!?

Super Caley humped Liv today, who needs Brewster?? Dargo 9 goals in 9 games.

Bring on Ayr on Monday, well done Sky Sports for putting the game on!

Apparently the good lord Rudi Skacel had a shot that came back off the post at 4-1 which would have "been the best goal of any season". Why do these ones *never* go in? What's the chances of seeing it on Scotsport SPL? 0%' date=' 10%???

Oh, and sorry Jake.[/quote']

At least you get to see your team's highlights on Scotsport before midnight!!!

Caley have to put up with about 2mins worth of highlights just before the program is finished. Then they follow the highlights by saying.....

"Caley are a hard-working, well organised side" - that is doing my fucking nut in. Can they not have anything new to say about us?? Even when we played Celtic off the park in Dec all we got was "hardworking", "organised", "industrious". We were playing like bloody Brazil!!

Fuck the SPL:

Second Division Table

P GD PTS

1 Gretna 20 35 49

2 Morton 21 17 44

3 Partick 21 8 39

4 Peterhead 21 3 33

5 Stirling 20 0 28

6 Ayr 21 -7 25

7 Raith 20 -8 23

8 Forfar 20 -7 22

9 Dumbarton 21 -7 18

10 Alloa 21 -34 10

Thistle won again, 2-1 away at Ayr, if we could do that again to them (or ICT) in the cup that'd be chocolate. Still need to improve the squad before then, however.......

Guest neil ex
Sounds like the Dons were totally under the kosh for the second half.

A minky hibee said to me outside after the game, 'take 'at awwff (reference to my Aberdeen hat), Hibs done youse!!' I can't remember that much about the game to be honest (was in the pub beforehand you see) but I remember Aberdeen defending far too deep in the second half, and just punting balls back into their half. We got away with it though and it was fantastic to get one over on Hibs on their on soil! Luck seems to finally be on our side. Great travelling support.. It was amazing when we went 0-2 up and also when that donkey Riordan missed a pen!

Guest neil ex
Apparently the good lord Rudi Skacel had a shot that came back off the post at 4-1 which would have "been the best goal of any season". Why do these ones *never* go in? What's the chances of seeing it on Scotsport SPL? 0%' date=' 10%???

[/quote']

Aye, it was meant to be a cross! ;)