aberdeen-music

Flying

Hog

Ryanair are not that comfortable, you don't really get fed anything edible and you don't get a seat number.

BUT seeing as they only fly within Europe, your journey isn't going to be longer than a few hours a time, and I got four Ryanair flights (Prestwick-Stansted; Stansted-Linz; Eindhoven-Stansted; Standsted-Prestwick) for 80 including all the booking charges and whatever else they charge for. So I'm not complaining!!

flying is traumatic. i insist on early-morning check-ins when flying out to princeton' date=' then go and get shitfaced and dont go to bed so i'm drunk when i get on the plane. doesnt really help though, i chainsmoke as many marlboro as i can in the departure lounge and then get on the plane and hyperventilate and cry and sweat and shake on every take-off and landing. its ok when we're up in the air and cruising, i can kind of pretend im not on a plane at all and gulp my drambuie down instead. its all cause i'm a teriible control freak. it's be ok if i was the one flying the plane, but its not. people are so damn untrustworthy.[/quote']

I pretty much agree with everything you just said, it's the take off and landing I can't stand, I'm fine once we're up, and I'd be OK if it was me who was flying it. I don't even like being a passeanger in a car.

I took an EasyJet flight in April and they didn't assign seat numbers. I don't have anything bad to say about them at all- I've used them plenty and never had a problem with leg room or anything.

I also took a Thomas Cook flight to Canada last year and they used the same model of aircraft as EasyJet do, with the inclusion of wee tellies- so seven hours with a 14 inch TV about 5 metres away and nothing else, crammed in next to a couple of elderly men. That wasn't such a pleasant experience.

I love flying, but I always seem to end up next to a stranger that hates it. The worst person being the guy that was clutching the arm rest with one hand and grasping a bible in the other, frantically praying for the entire flight, shooting terrified looks out the window. Poor bloke.

I used to love flying and was even a cadet, in may way's I still am...but when I went flying with the Grammar school, it was quality...I used to get slagged like fuck for being in the cadet's...but we got Friday's off to go down to Edinburgh..so F U school.

But a couple of years ago (2001) we had some MAJOR turbulance, everyone was freaking out, and the plane sounded well unhealthy...It was shit scary, and nearly everyone puked, yes even me :down: . But the Bizzare thing about it all was, whilst we were in a plane coming back from Turkey, 7/11 was taking place...I didnt find out till I was on the train home... Couldn't believe it.

Gliding is the best in the world, I remember going down to Leuchar's and doing it...was so serene and natural.

I used to love flying and was even a cadet' date=' in may way's I still am...but when I went flying with the Grammar school, it was quality...I used to get slagged like fuck for being in the cadet's...but we got Friday's off to go down to Edinburgh..so F U school.

But a couple of years ago (2001) we had some MAJOR turbulance, everyone was freaking out, and the plane sounded well unhealthy...It was shit scary, and nearly everyone puked, yes even me :down: . But the Bizzare thing about it all was, whilst we were in a plane coming back from Turkey, 7/11 was taking place...I didnt find out till I was on the train home... Couldn't believe it.

Gliding is the best in the world, I remember going down to Leuchar's and doing it...was so serene and natural.[/quote']

what happened on 7/11? did you see into the future that was 9/11? hehe :p

Guest Gasss

I did a lot of glider training between the ages of 14 and 17 at Portmoak airfied in Fife. I got the day off school to fly solo on my 16th birthday. I intended to join the university club in Aboyne but never quite got round to it for the last 8 years and have become totally de-skilled.

No matter how much stuff I did myself as a pilot, I still shit myself silly whenever I get on commercial air flights. It must be a control thing. I get most scared on take off and landing. In the words of one of my instructors, "don't be afraid of altitude, it's the ground that kills you"

what happened on 7/11? did you see into the future that was 9/11? hehe :p

heaps of people have been saying "7/11" these days...

I thought I was going mad...

perhaps it's the convenience store in the US that's capitalised on it, and subliminally made everyone think it's 7/11...