aberdeen-music

unknown blasts in london

Untitled

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrorism prevention legislation is wholly irrelevant in regards to todays attacks when you have a leader who carries out policies that increase terrorism and the threat of terrorism for your nation.

What is going to be interesting is the populations response to these attacks. Will there be an increase in the number of people calling for British troops to be taken out of Iraq or will there now be more people saying that the troops should stay until terrorism is defeated, so attacks like today will never happen again?

i was told at 11am that vodafone cells in london had been switched off' date=' probably for the reasons mentioned above. that was by someone working for an energy company with its offices in london. i can't get in touch with my friend that works on the mall either :([/quote']

Yeah, they are doing something with the mobile phones. Also I believe to stop whoever detonating more bombs by phone.

Guest tv tanned
tony blair is travelling to london.

seems to have been designed to stop the transport system around london and disrupt it as much as possible rather than on maximum casualties (though obviously and sadly there has been).

this makes me slightly sceptical of the claim that al qaeda were behind this.

Al Qaeda attacks are aimed at maximum casualties, so either they've changed tactics or they are not the ones behind this.

Guest tv tanned
I dunno.... I'd say there are plenty of casualties and plenty of disruption.

two birds... one stone as such.

not disputing that there are casualties, but if you look at the scale it's nothing compared to 9/11 or Madrid

Guest MerryChristmas

If it were Al Queda wouldnt it have been better setting them off yesterday just before the Olympic bid was announced?

BBC website says 2 dead

Everyone forgets that the IRA are still active and have a convincing record of this sort of thing

Guest tv tanned

no chance it's the IRA, they don't have the logistical capabilities for this anymore, and are more interested in drug dealing and extortion these days

this makes me slightly sceptical of the claim that al qaeda were behind this.

Al Qaeda attacks are aimed at maximum casualties' date=' so either they've changed tactics or they are not the ones behind this.[/quote']

i was thnking this, an arab tv network said they are confident it was al qaeda. mabye london are just very lucky that a bus carrying around a hundred people has a suspected 20 people dead, obvously this is still a tragedy and still very upsetting.

Guest tv tanned
i was thnking this' date=' an arab tv network said they are confident it was al qaeda. mabye london are just very lucky that a bus carrying around a hundred people has a suspected 20 people dead, obvously this is still a tragedy and still very upsetting.[/quote']

Yeh, don't get me wrong, I am not undermining the situation, just sceptical having studied terrorism quite closely a few years back.

If it were Al Queda wouldnt it have been better setting them off yesterday just before the Olympic bid was announced?

BBC website says 2 dead

Everyone forgets that the IRA are still active and have a convincing record of this sort of thing

their was spec that it was a save the planet sort of group, because the seams to have been aimed at causing chaos rather thn deaths

their was spec that it was a save the planet sort of group' date=' because the seams to have been aimed at causing chaos rather thn deaths[/quote']

Surely if it was they would locate the attacks closer to the G8?

I don't think it is... if it's in a city as packed as london... there will be casualties.

Guest MarkJDelaney

Yeah, very much doubt it was a Save the Planet-type activist group. Very unlikely. It just doesn't fit.

Seems, as already mentioned, most likely an Al-Queda group. But, as also's been mentioned, almost unlike they're 'style'