aberdeen-music

war of the worlds

jimr

one word, wow! seen it last night. the suspence was brilliant, i lost the feeling in my hand from sqeezing alie's hand so tightly at times.

the basement scene went on abit too long i thought, but the violence (spraying blood etc) really added to it. well worth the money!

I agree. I think that the attempt to give it a "happy ending" really didn't do the film any favours.

I found the first half really good, with lots of action and everything, but then as the film calmed down, I lost interest a bit.

But I still recommend going to see it. Definitely.

*SPOILERS*

Saw it today - thought it was pretty good, there were some genuine scares there. Cruise was passable. I agree that it would've been better if the son had bought the farm, he was kinda asking for it - Spielberg could've at least shown some of his journey. It did capture the kinda fear that the book did when I read it as a kid - scariest bit of the film was probably when they trapped in the car by the crowd. The war machines looked cool, and the red weed/alien gardening sequences were ace - the aliens themselves looked a to 'Independence Day' though. Overall I liked it!

Ending was utter shit. It's one of those stories where I knew the 'twist' at the end but had forgotten it, so i saw the film, didn't understand the ending, had it explained to me and wasn't surprised I didn't get it. Meh.

Tripods were lovely though, very swish. But they've got to stop giving aliens big black eyes, I just think they look kinda sweet, not scary at all. Not a scary film at all really, but a fun way to spend 2 hours, good brainless rubbish.

the only thing missing from the film was the noise the aliens weapons made. If you have seen the old film the noise they used there still freaks me out. They totally should have used it.

oh and not to be picky but how does a guy who lives in a messy shitty house and works a fairly crap job afford a rolex?

I thought it was alright. Pretty ace story, and the tension in certain scenes was brilliantly done. Although the ending was a bit of a cop-out i didn't really mind - don't really understand why everyone feels the need for a ending that has complete closure. Also, i didn't like how it could have easily been a 15 and had some proper gore, but instead it was a pishy 12A with no blood, even for limbs blowing off.

the only thing missing from the film was the noise the aliens weapons made. If you have seen the old film the noise they used there still freaks me out. They totally should have used it.

oh and not to be picky but how does a guy who lives in a messy shitty house and works a fairly crap job afford a rolex?

could have been an old watch, he was married to some one very rich for quite a while.