aberdeen-music

war of the worlds

jimr

Guest tv tanned

Louise and I are refusing to go and see it.

I'd much rather remember the genius of the radio play, and the original story, rather than the usual Hollywood bastardisation.

Why can't they just leave things untampered with?

Louise and I are refusing to go and see it.

I'd much rather remember the genius of the radio play' date=' and the original story, rather than the usual Hollywood bastardisation.

Why can't they just leave things untampered with?[/quote']

You should go see it then make up your mind.

Guest tv tanned
I assume the ending differs from the book then?

I only wanna see it for thr Martian War Machines really. Cruise gets on my tits.

The press I have read says it ain't Martians.

First reason to avoid.

Guest tv tanned
You should go see it then make up your mind.

The last person to tell me that dragged me in to see I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, which was perhaps my worst cinema experience EVER.

I would have walked out after fifteen minutes if I hadn't spent my hard earned money in the first place.

king kong isnt gonna be out till next year isnt it?

and i think u could fork out to see 2 movies

considering your the world famous hog an' all

I'm sure he could... I mean he's not spending his money on haircuts, thats for sure :p

The last person to tell me that dragged me in to see I Still Know What You Did Last Summer' date=' which was perhaps my worst cinema experience EVER.

I would have walked out after fifteen minutes if I hadn't spent my hard earned money in the first place.[/quote']

I had a similar experience with 'House Of The Flying Daggers', absolute pish. More 'Crouching Houses, Hidden Daggers'. I needed a piss midway through and i was so tempted to do a runner and sacrifice my lift home in an attempt to get away from the tripe i was seeing on-screen.

I will however make an attempt to go and see 'War Of The Worlds', probably tomorrow.

:D

just got home from seeing war of the worlds.

it rocks

as for the ending. exactly what i expected. i remember seeing the old film and loving it so im not disappointed at all.

The end for some may be crap but coz it stays true to the old film im happy.

Dunno anyhting about the book always gonna read it and never have.

I just saw it. I thought it was perfect bit of entertainment and as is typical of Spielberg the relationship with the kids made it slightly more satisfying where it could have been a complete no-brainer. I understand it was sticking to the original but i felt the ending was explained very well...but we can't go into that without spoiling the film for those who haven't seen it yet, so we'll just leave it there.

The problem is not the ending itself but the execution of the ending which spielberg manages to screw up. Everyone who is worth their weight in sponge knows the ending already but the anticlimatic manner in which stevo manages it in is quite amazing. Add the usual panzy "i'm too much of a pussy to kill off certain characters" and we have a recipe for nausea. The tripods looked lovely though.

Guest tv tanned

You always know that when you see the last post was by Frosty Jack, it means you're in for a google-image or amusing-pun related moment.

Never disappoints.