aberdeen-music

Full, uncut Land of the dead trailer anyone?

Johnny Mac

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ

I'm honestly shitting myself sooo hard at the prospect of seeing this film... Absolutely love the first three, and zombie films in general. It'll have to pull out all the stops if it's going to be better than the Dawn of the Dead re-make, but with Romero in control again it's definately going to have a decent pop.

See Simon Pegg in the poster? I shit you not' date=' right hand side, about third row of zombies, looks like Simone Pegg. It's really him![/quote']

from IMDB: Trivia: George A. Romero was so impressed with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright's Shaun of the Dead (2004) that he asked them to appear in this, the fourth part of his "Dead" series, as the "photo booth" zombies in the carnival/bar-room sequence

It'll have to pull out all the stops if it's going to be better than the Dawn of the Dead re-make' date=' but with Romero in control again it's definately going to have a decent pop.[/quote']

I wept tears of milky joy at the gore-tastic bonanza of bloody brilliance that was the DotD remake. Might watch it again tonight actually.

LotD looks pretty good - some tasty gore in the trailer (the zombie eating outta the guys mouth was pretty gnarly) - not sure about the 'smart' zombies though, too Resident Evil IMO.

Imagine being uber-geek Simon Pegg, this year he's got to be in Dr Who and a Romero-helmed film, jammy bastard...

I rekon they'd have to make the Zombies smarter to keep up with the DOTD re-make (i.e. Running, basic communication...) It wouldn't be cool if it was the slow ones from the first Romero outing again. Also, it's not impossible because the original ones used to congregate in places - like the 'mall' - that were in their memory, so if they're American zombies it's probably safe to say they'd have fired their fair share of guns. Either way you look at it, the film still has the potential to be the best (non b-movie) zombie flick in history.

I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

Zombies shooting guns is the bit I'm not getting......

There were "learning" zombies in "Day of the Dead", Bub used a gun fairly efficently. George Romero makes the rules about zombies as far as I'm concerned, so it's cool if he wants to add something new to the mythos that he really kickstarted.

Just seen this glorious film!... its actually fantastic! i really enjoyed it! only i think its too short at a mear hour and a half! but its awesome all the way through!... the stories seems a bitch sketchy from the outline but you just have to see it to understand it really....

the zombies dont really learn as such... they just kind of "monkey see monkey do" as such...

as for dead reckoning!... its awesome!!

you'll all love the sly hints at "Day of the dead" in the sense that there is "an outpost" out there somewhere ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I haven't heard much in the way of good reports about this film, but considering there's been a 20-year wait, that was inevitable. 10-15 minutes of great gore, but 80 minutes of rubbish to go with it? I still need to see it, on principle. I still reckon Lucio Fulci's films are better.

I haven't heard much in the way of good reports about this film' date=' but considering there's been a 20-year wait, that was inevitable. 10-15 minutes of great gore, but 80 minutes of rubbish to go with it? I still need to see it, on principle. I still reckon Lucio Fulci's films are better.[/quote']

for once i agree with you, the new york ripper being my personal fave.

• 1 month later...

Seen this (at the Edinburgh Film Festival). I'd give it 3/5.

Enjoyable nonsense. It's not scary nor was it gory. It's rated a 15 btw, so quite tame. I much prefer Resident Evil and 28 Days Later.

The director made an appearance. The fans were loving it, some dressed as zombies for the UK premiere.