offramp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politik/Delicate AWOL/Hookers Green No.1

28th February 2004.

A majestic' date=' warm(audience not weather), beautiful and, in retrospect, rather sad evening.[/quote']

Ageed, I don't care what you say... I was listening ;)

along with Abysmalist night July/August 2003... I had such a good night.... so much wine.

annie christian sometime in early 1997 on a rainy Wednesday night for a Pound Club gig. Maple supported' date=' I think.

One of those young "I believe in the power of rock" moments filled up inside of me that night.

Brilliant.[/quote']

Ahh Annie Christian.... I was at that gig too.

They were a decent band.

What is their new name again? I always forget!

• 3 weeks later...

This is really hard just to pick one but I'm gonna say Sons and Daughters when they played last august. Only gig I've been to with no barrier and not too many people there so I just sang and danced in front of the stage. Sayin that looks like I've missed a lot of good ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I think for me, it would be the first lemon tree gig i ever went to, to see my cousins band in i think 1994 or 95. They were on first (Inkamo - great but shortlived band) then a band with i think ruby in their name, not sure what their full name was. Dawntreader were headlining, and to my young ears they were'nt as good as my cousin's band, but great fun all the same. Since then, prolly one of two bert jansch gigs or the first incredible string band one.

Ahh Annie Christian.... I was at that gig too.

They were a decent band.

What is their new name again? I always forget!

I cannae remember their new name either! Bugger! Needless to say they are not even half the band they used to be. They released an amazing string of singles through V2 records, but after they left the label their two self - financed offerings were slightly underwhelming (to put it kindly)

My sister (who lives in Edinburgh) sees the drummer (Andrew) taking names to join Amnesty International on a regular basis. They just missed the boat for "making it." I think they could have been contenders.

Glad someone else remembers them! I was well into them! They were the first band I ever spoke to and felt well hard when I used to speak to them in the Lemon Tree in front of my mates! Still got their first single fully signed - probably worth half a pence in today's money!

• 4 weeks later...