aberdeen-music

Favourite Lemon Tree Gig Ever?

offramp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm struggling here - about 12 years worth of LT gigs to think of & I can't remeber them all.

GYBE / Sigur Ros....

Labradford (support the High Llamas round about 1996).....

New Kingdom (supporting Senser in 1994)......

f*ck' date=' there's been loads & I've went totally blank about what I've been to![/quote']

yep New Kingdom were great and very memorable for the fire alarm gubbins

i must say i lost all respect for flavor flav when he appeared on shitty reality tv show The Farm, is he that desperate for work?????

and that clock whilst it looked cool back in 1988 looks stupid on a 45 year old man in 2005

i'm struggling here - about 12 years worth of LT gigs to think of & I can't remeber them all.

GYBE / Sigur Ros....

Labradford (support the High Llamas round about 1996).....

New Kingdom (supporting Senser in 1994)......

f*ck' date=' there's been loads & I've went totally blank about what I've been to![/quote']

Another rule breaker. I'm gonna have to get brutal on the points bizniz.

I know' date=' I know..... I'm just banging my head off the desk in frustration here trying to think of all I've been to & what were the best.

Those 3 aren't definate choices - just thinking out loud really.[/quote']

Nothing in this game for three in a bed.

I'm going to have to hurry you.

:D

Guest Zeenat Aman

Politik/Delicate AWOL/Hookers Green No.1

28th February 2004.

A majestic, warm(audience not weather), beautiful and, in retrospect, rather sad evening.

The 1 band only rule makes this very tough. I'll whittle it down a bit by picking something no-one else has mentioned (and i know that quite few people absolutely hated) - Pink Grease at The Mute records night at Triptych 04. Their trashy glam punk tracks might not be everyone's taste, or hugley original for that matter, but in terms of rock 'n' roll excess and destruction, ludicrous banter and dumb fun they were hard to beat.

The 1 band only rule makes this very tough. I'll whittle it down a bit by picking something no-one else has mentioned ( i know that quite few people absolutely hated) - Pink Grease at The Mute records night at Triptych 04. Their trashy glam punk tracks might not be everyone's taste' date=' or hugley original for that matter, but in terms of rock 'n' roll excess and destruction, ludicrous banter and dumb fun they were hard to beat.[/quote']

Agreed. The Liars and Wire were also great that night.

Best bargain gig was groop dogdrill and the backyard babies @ the pound club years ago. Fantastic night.

Also worth a mention was the saturday night 'Juice' night, with a memorable one being Bullyrag, who were a scouse ragga metal band, BUT...............

Best gig overall at the Lemon Tree, without a shadow of a doubt - Rocket From The Crypt. SPEEDO! SPEEDO! SPEEDO!

Politik/Delicate AWOL/Hookers Green No.1

28th February 2004.

A majestic' date=' warm(audience not weather), beautiful and, in retrospect, rather sad evening.[/quote']

agreed, that was an awesome gig!!!

also of note, the fall, idlewild and frank black.