aberdeen-music

Favourite Lemon Tree Gig Ever?

offramp

The Others with the Rakes and the Ludes.

Not the best bands ive seen at the lemontree but was the best night. I think the others are really good live, especially liked the mini stage invasions and the on stage girl fight. The afterparty was a really good laugh aswell.

Really looking forward to the complete stone roses

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low were amazing when they played the lemon tree.

agreed, but they were better than amazing @ The Liquid Rooms (twice)

Have seen many fantastic bands & artists since the 1st week The Lemon Tree opened,

but the one that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand-up was Cat Power

she was on the edge, but perfect.

ps Spiritulized were much better @ The Music Hall

The 1 band only rule makes this very tough. I'll whittle it down a bit by picking something no-one else has mentioned (and i know that quite few people absolutely hated) - Pink Grease at The Mute records night at Triptych 04. Their trashy glam punk tracks might not be everyone's taste' date=' or hugley original for that matter, but in terms of rock 'n' roll excess and destruction, ludicrous banter and dumb fun they were hard to beat.[/quote']

I thought Pink Grease were awful, I just pissed myself laughing then headed upstairs. Still, to their credit, they took us along to a party after the gig which was a laugh.

And double credit to the drummer for washing the dishes at the party! Rock n' roll, eh?

cat power, she sat on my foot.

Liars were also rather good from what I remember but that was also the night I got really drunk and left my ex alone for no particular reason at all. Forever remembered as night of drunken wanderings and missing wire.

I also concur on the terribleness of pink grease.

I was going to say Liars' date=' but I'll go for something no-one's yet mentioned: Broadcast supported by The Projects. An amazing journey into a retro-futurist idea of space

Is no-one going to mention Willard Grant Conspiracy?

(see how I cunningly get round offramps rules by mentioning 3 gigs)[/quote']

The Broadcast gig was something special, and I'm still annoyed I wasn't around for the Willard Grant Conspiracy gig.

I was going to say Liars' date=' but I'll go for something no-one's yet mentioned: Broadcast supported by The Projects. An amazing journey into a retro-futurist idea of space

Is no-one going to mention Willard Grant Conspiracy?

(see how I cunningly get round offramps rules by mentioning 3 gigs)[/quote']

hmmm

bugger

The Broadcast gig was something special' date=' and I'm still annoyed I wasn't around for the Willard Grant Conspiracy gig.[/quote']

How strange someone else should like these two bands! WGC conspiracy have played LT twice, and the 1st one was much, much better

Did u like The Projects when they supported Broadcast? I bought their EP there, and it's fantabulous, but I've not heard of them since

Guest bluesxman
How strange someone else should like these two bands! WGC conspiracy have played LT twice' date=' and the 1st one was much, much better

Did u like The Projects when they supported Broadcast? I bought their EP there, and it's fantabulous, but I've not heard of them since[/quote']

That was a great gig and I have a copy of that EP - never liked it as much as the live stuff but still cool. Have never heard of them since either!

Since I have already picked my favourite I would also like to give mention to Clinic, Th' Legendary Shack Shakers, Rocket From The Crypt, The Kills (first time more than second).

How strange someone else should like these two bands! WGC conspiracy have played LT twice' date=' and the 1st one was much, much better

Did u like The Projects when they supported Broadcast? I bought their EP there, and it's fantabulous, but I've not heard of them since[/quote']

Well in that case I've managed to miss WGC twice. Buggeration.

The Projects were very good, some links to Stereolab there too I believe? I have their EP too and it is great, but they also now have an album out on Track & Field.

Well in that case I've managed to miss WGC twice. Buggeration.

The Projects were very good' date=' some links to Stereolab there too I believe? I have their EP too and it is great, but they also now have an album out on Track & Field.[/quote']

I managed to miss them both times as well so don't feel too alone sir ;)

The Broadcast gig was a lot more chilled out than I expected it to be but was still highly enjoyable. I got a 3" CD at that which I treasure to this day but fear the warning inside it that makes me think it'll destroy any player that I put it into...

Guest bluesxman
I managed to miss them both times as well so don't feel too alone sir ;)

The Broadcast gig was a lot more chilled out than I expected it to be but was still highly enjoyable. I got a 3" CD at that which I treasure to this day but fear the warning inside it that makes me think it'll destroy any player that I put it into...

I bought that Broadcast CD! Listened to it once, never harmed my player, have never really felt the need to listen to it again though!

You should slam it on in the 'dus this Saturday. If it wrecks the decks (!), tell management that Maxwell poured beer on them

Description here and a review here

I got sent it via MSN by some brave soul who'd managed to get it burnt onto their PC. It works fine in my personal CD player I've discovered just now which is good as it's perfect for relaxing 'going to sleep' sorta music. :)

I'll stick it on a cd-r and take it to Exodus for you at some point if you want? I won't be in on Saturday but I'll try and leave it in the booth tomorrow night if you like and Dave can hunt it out for you (presuming Doolittle doesn't take a shine to it...)

I'll stick it on a cd-r and take it to Exodus for you at some point if you want? I won't be in on Saturday but I'll try and leave it in the booth tomorrow night if you like and Dave can hunt it out for you

Yes please :up: Just when i was looking for an excuse to go out this Saturday....

(presuming Doolittle doesn't take a shine to it

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever going to happen

I/QUOTE']

Broadcast was the last Unknown Pleasures @ The Lemon Tree & was my BIG choice

They were totally fantastic & my jenny imp's favourite band to play the LT by a mile.

From the ashes of UP came interesting music in other venues.

The new Broadcast LP is due for release in Sept & by all accounts will surpass ha ha sound, which indeed will be a feat....

interesting music will tonight have the brilliant Thomas Truax with support from

serg buzfuz & the Kithchen cynics +Phil Flute @ The Tunnels