aberdeen-music

Who Sucks More, Kaiser Chiefs or Bloc Party?

justincutyou

its actually nice to see so many people not being sucked in by what the radio demands we worship

fucking DJs now are so like....''this is the best new thing since erm, yesterday'' and insist we rush out and buy it...hmmmmm

the lunchtime radio 1 DJ (posh lass who thinks she's cool but so fucking isnt - I forgot her name) played what she described as a band that ''is hyped but this time the hype is for real and worth it!!!''

then she played what sounded like a bad pub rock/pub funk demo

next big thing apparently......

how much does the industry pay these monkies to speak shit?

Zane Low is worse, spunking his face about some real fucking cack that is just immpossible to like cos its just basically erm, fucking rubbish....quite funny! The Tit.

Rant over (for now) :D

I did hear 1 good band lately they were pissing themselves about > Fire Department > but even they are just clones of the YEAH YEAH YEAHs

Does anyone get the feeling that the marketing push is bigger than the product?

Franz Ferdinand ''I dance in a Disco with a......... SIDE PARTING!!!!'' *private joke*

Spunk

eek eek

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest Kaiser Chiefs song is actually so amusingly bad that it almost becomes good again in a novelty song sort of way. That's how bad the Kaiser Chiefs are, they're the new Whigfield.

On the topic of the constant NME/Radio One hype of shit bands, I've come to the conclusion that our nation's musical press have realised that there's been at least one 'legendary' band each decade since the 50's and we're now half way through the 00's and the best we've got to offer is fucking Coldplay. Therefore in a vain attempt to make sure we have a band that will epitomise our generation for ever more, they call every band 'The best thing ever', hoping eventually it will stick.

The arcade fire are the biggest pile o shite i have ever heard

In a world bursting at the seams with truly shite music, you choose to slate the Arcade Fire?

I got "Funeral" today, listened to it twice - I don't love it, but I think I might, given time.

Anyway, reserve your criticisms for bands who really deserve it. i.e. Kaiser Chiefs. Morcheeba. Jamiroquai. G4. etc.

AKM

Guest Cowboy Dan
I got "Funeral" today' date=' listened to it twice - I don't love it, but I think I might, given time.

[/quote']

No, you definately will, everyone will.

well, i'll rock the boat here and say that i don't actually mind the kaiser chiefs. as someone noted earlier, they do totally follow a template in all their songs, which is really quite irksome (verse chorus verse oooooh OOOHHH AAAAAAHHHHHHHH ARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!! CHORUS!!!) but they are quite catchy, upbeat and ultimately so inoffensive that i don't think they are even worth anybody's hate. it's like hating The Beautiful South - why waste your energy?

kaiser chiefs are better than bloc party....

bloc party are more like "Come along if you want guys... I don't know.. Yeah, well.. It own't be the best in the world.. I'll probably just have a wee cry and write a new song.. SO this is love??" Party... I think this name was probably too big for them, so they shortened it to 'Bloc Party' instead.. 'Big Load Of Crap Party' (see wat I did there? Genius).

anyways.

new pearl jam album is to be out by the winter... r0k!!!!!! :rockon:

kaiser chiefs are better than bloc party....

bloc party are more like "Come along if you want guys... I don't know.. Yeah' date=' well.. It own't be the best in the world.. I'll probably just have a wee cry and write a new song.. SO this is love??" Party... I think this name was probably too big for them, so they shortened it to 'Bloc Party' instead.. 'Big Load Of Crap Party' (see wat I did there? Genius).

anyways.

new pearl jam album is to be out by the winter... r0k!!!!!! :rockon:[/quote']

Or sub REM grunge-folk as the case might be. :cheers:

Here's the deal for me concerning the two groups: I'm totally suspect of them because I believe that they lack sincerity. So name checking Gang of Four is cool? Hardly. Skid Row loved the Ramones and Moby is really into Cabaret Voltaire and Joy Division, but having good taste doesn't exactly mean that you're producing good music. I'm sure they're nice guys and all, but a friend of mine went and saw them and said they had the immediacy of maybe a firecracker. They look like Austin or NYC trustafarian fashionistas that got into their older sister's post-punk record collection and couldn't think of anything else to do. Before that I bet they were in bands in their teens that either sounded like some awful emo or Unwound, or maybe Brian Ferry if they were lucky. The only thing that stood Franz Ferdinand out for me was that they were doing that sound at a time when it wasn't exactly "cool" in the U.K. In the U.S., I had heard every band on Troubleman Unlimited records under the sun that sounded like some Factory band from 77 to 83. I was interested in the sound from a UK point of view and I still think they're pretty good, if slightly annoying. That's my two cents on it.

Personally ...... I likes what I likes....

Fact of the matter is that UK guitar music being big again in the UK boosts album sales considerably and thus is better for the longevity of "most" artists careers.

"most" applying that the majority of these artists that are professional (in that they make a full time living from playing their music) are on major labels.

I just wish people wouldn`t dismiss genres in generalisations. In almost every genre there is bound to be a band/act/group that people will like.

the kaisers cheifs are a singles band and there singles sound the same but there songs are catchy i will give them that. really liked bloc part when there album came out but im fed up with them now because they have been overplayed. I need some fresh material from them. I think the futureheads album is really good and is good to listen to as a whole. I didn't like it at first but then i really got into it.

Downloaded both their albums, they're not bad, better than some of the other shit on the airwaves, think I prefer Bloc Party as the Chiefs are just a bit too cheesy for me, but the Bloc Party album didn't really grab me in any particular way, "Here we are" and "Banquet" are pretty good, but other than that its all pretty much more of the same...and there is more use of the dreaded disco beat than I thought there would be...pass

Guest pop-notmyface

honestly, i cannot stand Bloc Party nor Kaiser Chiefs.

just two bands who are riding the "Righ Now" wave, they are guilty of the same crime really. there are so many indie and garage bands doing their rounds at the moment, it makes me sick.

honestly' date=' i cannot stand Bloc Party nor Kaiser Chiefs.

just two bands who are riding the "Righ Now" wave, they are guilty of the same crime really. there are so many indie and garage bands doing their rounds at the moment, it makes me sick.[/quote']

:rolleyes: come on, that's what pop survives on. The media spots 1 or 2 bands it thinks are cool, and it proclaims a movement to be born, because it's more exciting for all concerned to believe that they're making a movement, or witnessing a movement in the case of fans. Then bands who have been doing something in a similar vein suddenly gain exposure and get signed. It has ever been thus

So the "angular"-style bands that are now widespread probably existed before Franz Ferdinand became popular, it was just that Franz opened a hole for them to spring through

Exactly. I don't think either band changed their music in order to suit the musical zeitgeist (although i know the Kaisers have changed direction a few times), they wouldn't even have been quick enough to have done so and already be signed etc. It just happens that they were fortunate to have the right sound at the right time.

Incidentally, my opinion of Kaiser Chiefs has improved greatly having just seen them on Later with Jools Holland. I'd never noticed their lyrics before, and how critical they are: "Watching people get lairy, it's not very pretty I tell thee". I'd previously thought they were celebrating drunkeness. But then I'd misheard the chorus as saying "I drink to it!"

an interesting debate but i feel you should vent your anger towards more worthy causes such as the forthcoming comeback of the backstreet boys (wtf?) or the crazy frog song (reckon the cocaine was flowing a little too much at a record company exec meeting that was searching for new ideas).

Radio 1 has become more and more embarrasing and cliched in its promotion of new music (jo whiley is the name of the DJ u mentioned Betamax), more so since the late great mr peel departed this world.

i think 'the silent album' is a great record, kaiser chiefs are pretty poor a 2nd rate version of blur/pulp.