aberdeen-music

Europe is still on! (not the band, Sophie)

Christy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye he's from Kamni min. He is a teuchtar and a Ned. They are not mutually exclusive. I' date=' for one, pride myself on being both.

If the monkeys do the hibees next week-and they may well, given that they need the goals and hibs' defence is shoddy-then a narrow win at tynecastle could be enough.

Mind you, when did we last win at Tynecastle? Skovdahl days, possibly even before...

Mon e dons!

Love from Christy[/quote']

Its at pittodrie.

Aye he's from Kamni min. He is a teuchtar and a Ned. They are not mutually exclusive. I' date=' for one, pride myself on being both.[/quote']

Right enough, the times I've played against Kemnay BC in the past, have shown them to be the most foul-mouthed, threatening and dirty team around

Best wishes from all the family

Ancient Mariner II

Even if aberdeen finish third' date=' there is such a massive gap between them and the old firm, the goal difference between 2nd and 3rd is 42 pts, says it all.[/quote']

Why are we caring about goal difference?

Why is it relevant to compare our GD and Rangers' GD?

Guest Bailz
Why are we caring about goal difference?

Why is it relevant to compare our GD and Rangers' GD?

I'm also wondering why he's measuring goal difference in points!?!?!

Guest idol_wild

I'm not overly surprised that Darren Mackie has grabbed double figures this season. He has something that very few strikers in the SPL have: genuine natural pace. He can do real damage with it, and has. Sure, he frequently makes terrible decisions, but he's still young. Mackie could yet grab 20 a season for the Dons on a regular basis.

Heikkenen will be a huge miss for us next season.

Unless we get Barry Nicholson.

I'm not overly surprised that Darren Mackie has grabbed double figures this season. He has something that very few strikers in the SPL have: genuine natural pace. He can do real damage with it' date=' and has. Sure, he frequently makes terrible decisions, but he's still young. Mackie could yet grab 20 a season for the Dons on a regular basis.

[/quote']

Mackie's been young for too long, he's been in the first team long enough.

Fast turning into another player who'll still have "great potential" when he's 28.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Mackie's been young for too long' date=' he's been in the first team long enough.

Fast turning into another player who'll still have "great potential" when he's 28.[/quote']

Haha, could be the next Eoin Jess or Paul McStay, two guys who'll forever be haunted by the words "unfulfilled potential".

In other news, Dunfermline will be playing SPL football next season. A 1-0 win at Tannadice did the job, and I'm over the fucking moon. Everyone reckons Jim Leishman is just some numpty Fifer, but The Messiah has done it again. I fucking love him. A few folk on here reckoned the Pars would go down, but I'm resisting the temptation to gloat like a bastard, I'm just relieved as hell. Now keep your thieving paws off Barry Nicholson.

It's now between Dundee, Dundee United and Livingston. I hope it's Livingston.

Guest idol_wild
Mackie's been young for too long' date=' he's been in the first team long enough.

Fast turning into another player who'll still have "great potential" when he's 28.[/quote']

He's never really been an absolute regular, though. Most professional players, barring the exceptional, are still learning their trade at the age of 24/25.

Mackie will never ever be a World beater, but he has certain attributes that are rare in Scottish strikers. If he develops his game then when he's 26/27 and reaching his peak he'll be an important player for Aberdeen.

We just need a big fuck off striker to play alongside him.

Now keep your thieving paws off Barry Nicholson.

It's now between Dundee' date=' Dundee United and Livingston. I hope it's Livingston.[/quote']

Nicholson will be ours, Jake! You know it!

Glad it looks like you're staying up, tho. I like the journey down to East End Park. It's a nice stadium you have and the bridies are amazing! And I couldnae stand the Pars fan who works with me moaning either! He was calling Leishman "The King" this morning....

I think United will go. Don't they play Inverness on Saturday?

what's your point?

My points was that with Rangers struglling in the Uefa cup this season, and the massive gap in quality between Aberdeen and Rangers, they don't have much hope making an impression in Europe, and furthermore it will probably affect their domestic campaign next season too.

My points was that with Rangers struglling in the Uefa cup this season' date=' and the massive gap in quality between Aberdeen and Rangers, they don't have much hope making an impression in Europe, and furthermore it will probably affect their domestic campaign next season too.[/quote']

hearts done jsut as well as rangers in the uefa cup really and htrey finished 5th.