aberdeen-music

Europe is still on! (not the band, Sophie)

Christy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My points was that with Rangers struglling in the Uefa cup this season' date=' and the massive gap in quality between Aberdeen and Rangers, they don't have much hope making an impression in Europe, and furthermore it will probably affect their domestic campaign next season too.[/quote']

Aye, but we don't kid ourselves either. If we can get through the qualifiers and have another epic like the Hertha Berlin tie a couple of seasons back, we'll be happy enough. Just something to look forward to. A change from the SPL. We don't think we'll make the quarters or anything.

Need to qualify first.

Also, Rangers will be a fair shout to win the UEFA Cup next season, much as it pains me to say it.

Love from Christy

All the Hibs fan are soooooo scared that Hearts are just gonna lay down and let the Dons trash them....how i would love that.

Also for the prospect of Europe if you get through a qualifier are we all remembering that the UEFA cup now goes into a group stage. So that could put a few decent teams into Pittodrie. Maybe even the Champions League winners.......considering they arnt getting back in even if they win it.

come on the dons!!!!!!!

if we got lee miller, steve lovell, burton o'brien and barry nicholson we would be shit hot next season, but thats a bitty unlikely. we also could do with new defenders with mcguire, morrison, heikinnen and even ryan o'leary going.

i think willie mclaren is certainly worth a look at, airdrie utd left mid, he is ace and only 20. airdrie are willing to let him go for 50k. he really is ace but not sure how he would do in the good ol' spl.

who is this fag "sophie" you speak of in the title? she sounds like trouble.

i think willie mclaren is certainly worth a look at' date=' airdrie utd left mid, he is ace and only 20. airdrie are willing to let him go for 50k. he really is ace but not sure how he would do in the good ol' spl.

[/quote']

steven paterson and co went on a lower league signing spree, sometimes they work, such as paul hartly of hearts and robson of dundee utd eithen lee millar was playing first division football 2 years ago but it dont always work such as 60% of patersons lower league signings

yeah some players may not make it in the spl but premiership scouts were up watching willie mclaren (left mid) and alan gow (striker) of airdrie utd as they really are hot prospects. looks like they will be leaving airdrie in the summer, fuck knows where they are going but i for one wouldn't mind seeing mclaren in a dons top. we have a lack of wingers.

for you legends that like football manager and are aberdeen, buy willie mclaren for like 30k he becomes ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s the reason i want the dons to buy mclaren is NOT because he is ace on football manager.

for you legends that like football manager and are aberdeen' date=' buy willie mclaren for like 30k he becomes ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

I like Football Manager, and I am currently Aberdeen, but Bobby Petta fills my left mid spot, to great effect. I will get a scout on the ass of this McLaren boy, tho

apparantly the evenign express today is saying that hearts may have up to 12 players out for sunday' date=' has anyone seen this, are they mostly first team players?[/quote']

Their Lithuanian trio are out, as well as McAllister (1st teamer), Burchill, Michael Stewart, Stephen Simmons, Berra. I don't think they're regulars, but the good news is that McKenna, Stamp and Pereira have been told they won't play for Hearts again

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nicholson will be ours' date=' Jake! You know it!

Glad it looks like you're staying up, tho. I like the journey down to East End Park. It's a nice stadium you have and the bridies are amazing! And I couldnae stand the Pars fan who works with me moaning either! He was calling Leishman "The King" this morning....

I think United will go. Don't they play Inverness on Saturday?[/quote']

Ach, if Barry Nic wants to hook up with "those two" again we should show him the door now. Hope for your sake he doesn't do a Richie Byrne. Byrne was a pretty solid defender believe it or not, had a good season and played well in the cup final but as soon as he put on a Dons top he seemed to become mince.

Leishman is indeed an absolute legend. Rumour has it he's been offered the post permanently today, hope he accepted.

Aye, United against ICT on Saturday and Dundee against Livi. One from three now and it's a shame that I had to wait until the last fucking game to start enjoying the season.

Ach' date=' if Barry Nic wants to hook up with "those two" again we should show him the door now. Hope for your sake he doesn't do a Richie Byrne. Byrne was a pretty solid defender believe it or not, had a good season and played well in the cup final but as soon as he put on a Dons top he seemed to become mince.

[/quote']

Byrne has been solid away from home by all accounts (ive never seen him away from Pittodrie) but SHITE at home.

Although I think he will do a Michael Hart, and once he gets a good pre-season under his belt, will be a decent enough player.

Oh, and Barry Nic WILL be a Dons player next season :cheers:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Byrne has been solid away from home by all accounts (ive never seen him away from Pittodrie) but SHITE at home.

Although I think he will do a Michael Hart' date=' and once he gets a good pre-season under his belt, will be a decent enough player.

Oh, and Barry Nic WILL be a Dons player next season :cheers:[/quote']

Byrne wasn't exactly solid at East End Park when he gifted us the winner! Calderwood flayed him for that one, very satisfying from my point of view I have to say. That was so long ago, it was Davie Hay's last win as our boss.

I'm surprised Dons fans want Barry Nic, they've spent the last five years shouting "Hun!" at him. How come you're so sure you'll get him, by the way? I've heard nothing concrete.

byrnes distribution is cock. he is a hard fucker though and i like that about him. but he needs to improve a hell of a lot more to get a first team spot, well actually no cause calderwood always plays him and we have nobody else cause he is getting rid of morrison and mcguire. knobs.

I like Football Manager' date=' and I am currently Aberdeen, but Bobby Petta fills my left mid spot, to great effect. I will get a scout on the ass of this McLaren boy, tho[/quote']

i had petta in the same team as mclaren and mclaren got the first team spot everyweek cause he is ace!!!!!!!

the scouts will say mclaren is pish cause the scouts are knobbers. it's better to sign mclaren at the start of the game but im sure he will still be ace if you sign him.

the pars dont really have a choice, with his contract soon expiring towards the end of next season it would be better to make some money and cash in rather than have some club grad him on a bosman later this year, although for some reason i dont think he will end up at aberdeen

i'm not sure we'll get byrne' date=' depends how much dunfermline try to hold out for, i hope we do because i think he and severin would make a good partnership.[/quote']

dude you mean nicholson but hey i will let you off this time. :cheers:

nicholson and severin would be ace but even better with................... BURTON O'BRIEN!!!!

jamie winter as well, we would be lethal. we need wingers though. would like to see jamie smith sign for us though many people are saying he would be shit. muirhead is coming on to a game though but still he was utter piss like a month ago, but then hart and esson used to be balls as well. im not sure if i have mentioned this already but a good winger would be............. WILLIE MCLAREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

As much as is humanly possible! We're not exactly minted at the moment.

Yeah' date=' especially with the likely hood of having to change pitch.

I was speaking to my cousin (who is a pars fan) the other day and he is saying they should not settle for less than ahlf a million! You certainly wont get that form us though.

dude you mean nicholson but hey i will let you off this time. :cheers:

:O

yeah some players may not make it in the spl but premiership scouts were up watching willie mclaren (left mid) and alan gow (striker) of airdrie utd as they really are hot prospects. looks like they will be leaving airdrie in the summer, fuck knows where they are going but i for one wouldn't mind seeing mclaren in a dons top. we have a lack of wingers.

Gow has signed a pre-contract with Falkirk

Love from Christy