aberdeen-music

Reasons for drinking?

Fluffy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davetherave

What was it Homer said..."alcohol the cause of, and solution to all of lifes little problems"

These days I'm a social drinker, but at one time I used to party 5 nights a week. I'm glad I eased up, my liver probably would have quit before I did otherwise :) Though I'm still known to put away many vodkas on a good night!!

What is it the public information advert says "drink sensibly", whats that mean, read some shakespeare whilst guzzling a pint of whatever!!

:cheers:

I'm sometimes quite shy around people I don't know so a drink (or two) makes me more confident I suppose. Around people I do know however, it's another matter- we usually get blind drunk because we know we'll end up doing stuff we'd never do sober... not always a good thing though!

is it not alittle sad that some people have to drink to unwind? i mean im not dissing' date=' let them do it if they want.

mind you, i think some people get so used to it, they dont know how else to unwind. thats what my dad is like anyway.[/quote']

Well, every few weeks I go round to Jakes with either, Scorge and/Kirk T. We sit and chat about stuff, drink our favourite drink, listen to music. Usually I stumble out at 12.30/1am. I look forward to this, its my way of unwinding because I have a stressful job. Maybe its sad, maybe it isnt but I love having a drink

when i drink, partly it's a sort of social acceptance thing. like even when i'm not drinking people around me seem to ply me with drink, usually the instant i finish one i have another handed to me. or if i say i don't really feel like drinking people are like 'ah, just a couple' then half the time it'll end up lot more than that.

personalitly wise, i'm really introverted, like i only even feel like being sociable maybe 5-10% of the time, but when i drink a bit i suddenly become really outgoing 'life of the party' kind of thing, talking to everyone, making friends with complete strangers, occasional ridiculous escapades. it's kind of interesting to think about, like why can't i be so outgoing when i haven't been drinking. i think my shyness acts as a barrier and allows my inhibitions to keep me in check as it were, like i might go to say something to someone i barely know and somewhere between my brain and mouth it hits a wall and instead i come out with 'guh'.

there can be a lot of fun had of just getting completely plastered every once in a while, like i'm pretty bad for that at parties where i usually drink to shameful extents, like the time some swedish guys challenged me to a whisky drinking contest and i downed more than half a bottle. :rolleyes:

it's weird though, how sometimes the effects of drinking differ, like most times it increases my mood but will occasionally be really depressing.

what i always find strange is if myself and untitled go out, everyone always tries and insists we have a drink in our hands (esp untitled as he dosnt drink at all really)

does it make people uncomfy that there are people who are happy to have a good time without it?

I guess I just love Malibu too much :love:

I like to drink, I don't need to to have a good time. I know I'm a sensible drinker (except for these 2 times) and I can see the line. Even if it's real blurry, I'll not go overboard.

I do think it's sad to think that people out there go out with the intention of getting absolutely rat-arsed and not even remember where they've been or what they've done. I fail to believe that it constitutes a "good night out".

Guest tv tanned

I drink because I enjoy the taste, but only of certain drinks. I used to drink to get muntered, but then realised that it was a big waste of time and that enjoying alcohol as a luxury was far more fulfilling.

Guest haigyman
I drink because I enjoy the taste' date=' but only of certain drinks. I used to drink to get muntered, but then realised that it was a big waste of time and that enjoying alcohol as a luxury was far more fulfilling.[/quote']

oh come on, you can't like the taste! that's like saying "i only put petrol in my car because i like the smell". We ALL drink to get absolutely muntered. face it.

Some things are there just to get you muntered ie shots. Beer and lager are an aquired taste, but can be delicious.

I LOVE vodka though. It's been my drink for years now. A double vodie and lemonade. Mmmmmm. I just love feeling of teh first one, the way it makes you shudder and get a slight shiver from the first sip. Then it just just tastes.... well, it tastes right.

Most drinks you drink coz you're thirtsy. Vodies and lagers you drink coz they taste good.

A bit like the difference between veg and meat.

Guest tv tanned
oh come on' date=' you can't like the taste! that's like saying "i only put petrol in my car because i like the smell". We ALL drink to get absolutely muntered. face it.[/quote']

JD & Coke = yum

Some beers are tasty, others are minging.

Red wine is fantastic for enjoying a glass with a book and some chillout music in the background.

Malt whisky is also good for a quiet drink at home.

Guest davetherave

Black Smirnoff Vodka, straight from the freezer, mmmmm.

Alternatively a flask of Hot sake (japanese rice wine) with a decent chinese takeaway.

But for the ultimate out of your face experience it has to be Absynthe !!

:cheers: