aberdeen-music

AHC member dead

Floor Tom

Fuck sake, it was just over four weeks ago me and others fae this Forum saw them at King Tut's. Very sad news indeed.

It's weird, because on the way down we were saying it was lucky were getting to see them as we thought "they would all be dead soon." Many a true word spoken......... If it's drug related I can't say I didn't see it coming.

I fear this may be the end for this hugely underrated yet amazingly talented and meaningful band.

R.I.P.

Remeber the first time I met Bryan. He had just replaced one of their former guitarists. The other band members said that the best thing that had happened in a long time was meating him... And the worst thing that happened in a long time was meating him!!!

He just walked onto the tour bus with the BIGGEST bag of speed I think existed in Glasgow that night- when they supported Rammstein.

Too many young' date=' talented, influential musicians seem to by dieing at such a young age. AHC were awesome when i saw them with Slipknot and InFlames a few years back, and i missed them in Glasgow recently.

A sad day for rock 'n' roll indeed.

RIP

Regards,

Bob :gringo:[/quote']

I thought you were talikng about the Drowning Pool singer for a minute there, then I realised you weren't, thank god, because he was dire.... :down:

Fuck sake' date=' it was just over four weeks ago me and others fae this Forum saw them at King Tut's. Very sad news indeed.

It's weird, because on the way down we were saying it was lucky were getting to see them as we thought "they would all be dead soon." Many a true word spoken......... If it's drug related I can't say I didn't see it coming.

I fear this may be the end for this hugely underrated yet amazingly talented and meaningful band.

R.I.P.[/quote']

As my comrade just said, if it's drugs it seems an unfortunate yet inevitable event in AHC's career. They were amazing in Glasgow, and I feel lucky that I got to see them so recently, but saddened that Bryan is dead, and maybe it will be the end for this fine band.

R.I.P.

He definately didn't die of a drug overdose' date=' it was heart related but cant remember exactly what it was.[/quote']

It was a form of heart failure. apparently it was a condition you are born with, but because he had never had any problems with his heart, it was never diagnosed.

A working link to MTV's news of AHC members death HERE

A VH1 link to the news of the original Drown Pool vocalists death HERE

I wasn't a big fan of either band but can appreciate what they did, its alway such a shame when this happens and your never sure what to write for coming across insincere.

Best thing to say is R.I.P. to both of them.

The band have issued a statement to say that they are continuing on their American tour with Mudvayne, but it is not yet known who will be replacing Bryan.

Here is what the band have to say:

"The music world has lost a great guitarist and an even greater person with the death of our dear friend Bryan Ottoson.

Bryan was a vital member of our group and a key songwriter on The Feeding. It is our intention to honor his memory by re-joining the Mudvayne, one of Bryan's favorite bands, on the current tour. Words cannot convey the depth of our sadness, but we want our fans to be able to hear the music Bryan loved so much. He'd be pissed if we didn't continue on. We will return on the Lubbock, TX date on April 29th.

Chad Ottoson, Bryan's brother, states that the Ottoson family firmly stands behind AHC's decision to carry on in Bryan name."

Glad they're carrying on with the tour but does seem to have been drug-related...

More details have emerged about the tragic death of American Head Charge guitarist Bryan Ottoson who sadly passed away earlier this week.

Bryan' date=' who's body was discovered on his band's tour bus on Tuesday evening, was reportedly found with a pill bottle in his bunk containing "numerous amounts of prescription medicine", MTV have reported. Police have now announced that his death was the result of a drug overdose.

The band are yet to issue an official statement.

[/quote']