aberdeen-music

last night at the moorings

ben_1903

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah to be fair it doesn't sound remotely like something Kirk would say. Or possibly even Jake or Scorge. Best bet would have to be Hog' date=' sly old devil is always trying to get laid so it fits his 'modus operandi' very well

:D[/quote']

Yep...Hog can get a bit 'modus operandy' !! :rockon:

Flash...it is my ambition to look like my avatar (nearly there already!). Laura must get her looks from her mum though????

Yay, another SPD moan. Been there done that, clicky here. Please, save yourselves the bother of having a repeat.

I'm not gonna review them for last night's performance, I only stayed as long as last bus time permitted ie. 10 minutes of their set. I was suffering from a lack of sleep.

Five finger Discount - last night was only the 2nd time I've seen them and they've for sure come on a whole hell of a lot. Much tighter and confident performance than the last time. Nothing too original lyric-wise but that disnae bother me. Catchy choruses and the like. Nice. Dee's drumming is mighty impressive, with a bunch of 'different' beats than the usual. Enjoyable set. 6.5/10

Tears of Grace - also seen them once before. Didn't like them too much then, or last night. Not my cup of tea. Pretty boring, but it picked up right at the very end with a wee solo and a very rock-out ending. The singer has a nice voice but she didn't seem too confident. They must be doing something right however, going by the very warm welcome and such. 3/10 at a push.

State of Affairs - hurrah! How to save the evening in about half an hour. Was great to see them again. Absolutely fantastic as usual. Tight, solid performance. Straight-up punk'n'rock'n'roll. Awesome stuff. Put a big smile on my face, and thumbs up for the human pyramid. Hopefully they'll be back up sometime soon. Yes?? 10/10 easily.

shut the fuck up you faggot

Good start' date=' you've offended the whole homosexual community, and are infact wrong as I am heterosexual. Although I don't see how that fits in to the rest of your post... Shall we continue?

stop defending spike pile driver, an appalling act with no originality who play the most coma inducing music ever heard.

Ok, I have downloaded 2 Easy Wishes songs, DFTA + Stephanie if it matters, and I can honestly say that Spike Pile Driver are a fucking lot more original than your stuff.

And even if they are a novelty, at least they are funny and really entertaining. Those songs sound like bullshit generic pop/punk that we've all heard a thousand times before. Play it if its the music you like, but you have forfeited the right to say that other bands aren't original when you're band are infact the same old pop/punk i hate society rubbish that has been truly done to death by local bands.

you are trying to have a go at me because i slagged off your mate - you fucking asshole' date=' your name is 'doc murray'. [/quote']

Bandmate actually, and I can't think of a better reason to have a go at you than that. Your post was utter tripe, completely hypocritical and nowhere near constructive - you had this coming. Just wait til Jake sees this thread.

Yes, well done, that is infact my nickname on these boards - well spotted. However, I will point out that it is conveniently stated to the left so you know who the author of the post.

I am in a band called 10 Easy Wishes' date=' we don't play fucking gimmick music. We are a band who play rock music heavily influenced by punk bands, and old surf, pop and blues bands. No fucking gimmicks.[/quote']

I'll think I'll leave this one as is - you've done the work for me.

i just got told about the stayover joke.......fuck you spike pile driver and all your bullshit i hate you and everything you stand for, with your cheap napalm death wanbe songs........see this is how a knob would reply, personally i dont think ive laughed as much as when stu told me that im guessing it must of came from the hogster??

basically spike's deal is this: they have 10 second one riff songs' date=' basically ripping off the 'hilarious' napalm death thing where each one is like 4 seconds long. This works to their advantage in 2 ways.

1. Crowd has never heard Napalm Death or any grindcore/blast beat based music. Crowd goes 'Man! They're fucking ace! Who would have thought a band would play 5 second songs with really fast drums!' - Spike get to take credit for doing badly what a thousand bands have done already.

2. Crowd goes 'What the fuck - this isn't music, it's just 3 dudes going RARR and playing as fast as they can...' - Spike can just say "Well I wouldn't expect a little kid like you who listens to emo to understand extreme music"

I would imagine if they were slagging the crowd or band off that they were trying to earn 'anti-scene' credibility but the sad fact is that nobody really sees them as anything other than a novelty act (apart from the ones who have heard this shit before in the last 20 years)[/quote']

aye, i back that 110%.said better than i've ever managed.

I thought you were at that gig? Boy' date=' Spike must've really held your attention!

[/quote']

from the other similar thread in Gig Announcements:

haha well that was one of the worst gigs i think ive ever been to. im sorry to say it but the first two bands were really really poor' date=' the second one had a good singer but the music was really bad, after that i left i was tired and bored although i wanted to see spike, shame.

[/quote']

i just got told about the stayover joke.......fuck you spike pile driver and all your bullshit i hate you and everything you stand for' date=' with your cheap napalm death wanbe songs........see this is how a knob would reply, personally i dont think ive laughed as much as when stu told me that im guessing it must of came from the hogster??[/quote']

what was the Stayover joke hehe??

now that ladies, is how a gentlemen responds to banter...

I think we can safely expect an entourage of 10 Easy Wishes jokes at the next Spike gig...

what was the Stayover joke hehe??

now that ladies' date=' is how a gentlemen responds to banter...

I think we can safely expect an entourage of 10 Easy Wishes jokes at the next Spike gig...[/quote']

Bands are not allowed to have a sense of humour in Aberdeen.