aberdeen-music

New Retro Rebels Open Today At 10am!

Rob Karloff

That's right folks, it's ready to go! Come have a look see... Lots of never before seen stock out on the vast amounts of shelf space. New, bigger, purpose built piercing and tattooing rooms! Across the road from the old shop, in case you haven't already noticed... :rolleyes: The bright green and pink paintjob is kinda a standout! :p

Hellfire?! Get real, it's much better... :p

The new piercing and tattooing rooms started life as a big storeroom with a bunch of shelving in it a month ago. Between us all it's had a new ceiling, been partitioned into two rooms, wired for lighting and power, had ventilation installed, been painted, plumbed and fitted out. Wow!

Today was very smooth and trouble-free, thank god. We're all in need of a holiday tho!

Am I the only one who thinks the left side (looking from outside) is a little too spacey? Like' date=' so spacey that it makes the shop look empty? But I don't know, they're probably intending on filling it up gradually I'd imagine? But other than that, aye, looks ace.[/quote']

Maybe that's because it's where all the piercing and tattooing is handled, and the space is required for customers that are waiting...? Plus the customers that maybe wanna try on some of the shoes and have a walk around to see how they feel? :ding:

i'm quite surprised there hasn't been a small old bingo granny writing into the evening express about the "garish and unsightly" paintjob.

Give them time...! There are an old couple who spent 1 day curtain twitching across the road in the flats, then another day just sitting at the window glowering as we put on the signage and started moving in the stock. You'd think they'd be glad to have a vibrant and tidy shop there instead of the scabby white state of the place before! Yes it stands out, but hopefully in a good way. I think George Street benifits from an injection of colour amidst all the grey...