aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress

Textures - Drawing Circles

Tool - 10,000 Days

Micheal Jackson - Off The Wall

Micheal Jackson - Thriller

Micheal Jackson - Bad

Micheal Jackson - Dangerous

After owning the latter 4 on cassette since the late 80's/early 90's, I figured it was about time to buy them on Cd. Quality stuff! :)

Guest bluesxman

Neu! - Neu '75

The Gun Club - Miami

Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets

Handsome Family - In The Air

Charles Manson - LIE

Dangerdoom - The Mouse And The Mask

Tindersticks - Nenette et Boni/Mark's Moods double CD - 5 quid in FOPP just now!

Elliot Smith - From A Basement On The Hill, ditto

Shellac - Terraform 12"

Guest bluesxman
Shellac - Live in Japan 12"

A copy of this is currently on E Bay for 53 quid current bid! Apparently the 'official' version was only released in Japan on CD and the vinyl is a bootleg....

Guest bluesxman

Neu! ~ Neu/Neu 2

Palace Music ~ Viva Last Blues

Husker Du ~ Warehouse:Stories and Songs

Bjork ~ The Music From Drawing Restraint 9

Isis ~ The Red Sea

Jesu ~ Silver EP

Francoiz Breut ~ Premier Album

Is the Raconteurs album any good? - ordered it today purely on the strength of "Steady as she goes." Haven't listened to "Superfly" in ages - must go dig it out now that you've reminded me.:up:

Yes so far so good...I've only played it twice. Benson and White's vocals work really well together. I find Benson a bit smooth on his own but there's a nice edge with Jack White. Some touches of Beatles mid 60s harmoines and even a bit of Led Zeppelin.

Steady as she goes has the same bassline as the old Joe Jackson Is She Really Going Out with Him. Weird.

Have you heard Jason Faulkner who is also in the same area as Benson?

I bought Superfly for Freddie's Dead as I've got the Fishbone cover version. The orginal is very restrained in comparison but very cool groove as is the whole album

Are the seeger sessions any good?

If you like good fun, uplifting folk music! It's all covers of traditional folk songs. Although their content is mostly Springsteenesque "the people's struggle/the flipside of the American dream/ people's miserable lives etc etc etc" it's done in a pretty uplifting singalong way that will get into your head and you'll be humming the same melody for daaaaays!

It gives me a cheesy grin when I'm in the mood for it and grates when I'm not. Free DVD with it of the recording/jamming sessions.

Worth a buy if you're into Bruce or folk.

Yes so far so good...I've only played it twice. Benson and White's vocals work really well together. I find Benson a bit smooth on his own but there's a nice edge with Jack White. Some touches of Beatles mid 60s harmoines and even a bit of Led Zeppelin.

Steady as she goes has the same bassline as the old Joe Jackson Is She Really Going Out with Him. Weird.

Have you heard Jason Faulkner who is also in the same area as Benson?

I bought Superfly for Freddie's Dead as I've got the Fishbone cover version. The orginal is very restrained in comparison but very cool groove as is the whole album

Cheers for the info - I'm looking forward to getting it - did notice the Joe Jackson "homage" but it doesn't detract from the song one bit. Never heard of Jason Faulkner ...but then I'm only vaguely aware of Brendan Benson - any of his stuff worth checking out?

Is your version of "Superfly" one of the double pack ones? When all the Curtis Mayield stuff was being put out on cd (and when I bought mine) all the cds came as two-fers. Superfly had the lesser known soundtrack to "Short Eyes" included on it.