aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest bluesxman

Mercury Rev ~ Yerself Is Steam

EF ~ Give Me Beauty...Or Give Me Death!

Sebadoh - Bubble And Scrape

Tom Verlaine ~ Flash Light/Words From The Front

Last Saturday I stumbled into Fopp and bought six cds. Six cds. This from a girl who shouldn't be spending money...

Can you hear me Clearly - a moshi moshi records compilation

Tidal - Fiona Apple

When the Pawn - Fiona Apple

Strange Folk (another compilation)

DJ Kicks - The exclusives

They'll have to catch us first ( Domino records compilation )

I can imagine that 7/8ths of your cd collection has fruit-based artists

Guest bluesxman
Is the Tom Verlaine stuff any good?

Um, some of it's pretty good, been collecting his solo stuff on and off for years, tend to just buy it when found cheap. These 2 are both not bad, some good guitar work. Warm And Cool is a good instrumental one, nice and mellow.

None of it's a patch on Marquee Moon but then what is? Although I revisited Adventure last week and found it a lot more enjoyable than I had previously, especially the second half.

I got Born a Lion by Danko Jones on eBay in the post this morning and I freakin' love it. Definately the best band I've been introduced to this year :up:

I've never heard them but for some reason their name was just swimming around in my head the other day and now i'm curious to hear them.

Guest Gasss

Final Fantasy - Has a Good Home

Deerhoof - Reveille/ Apple - O

The Violent Femmes - The Violent Femmes

Hendrix - Band of Gypsies (finally replaced my old tape copy)

I've never heard them but for some reason their name was just swimming around in my head the other day and now i'm curious to hear them.

Find them on Myspace :) Can't remember whats on their player but I think it's Baby Hates Me and First Date. Baby Hates Me is infinately better in my opinion. And look up Lovercall on YouTube :up:

Bifta23:

Yup, the Marc Almond version is pretty damn good as well. Not to sure about the Shirley Collins version yet but I've not heard it enough yet (only got it Thursday night and I was away most of the weekend)

Lepeep:

Yup I pretty much love the Tunng. Sweet William and Engine Room are the stand out tracks for me (mind you they did at the gig as well so...)

As for your sounds like I'm afraid I'll have to show my ignorance and admit I don't know your frame of reference...

As for your sounds like I'm afraid I'll have to show my ignorance and admit I don't know your frame of reference...

it's the one that is about a soldier, and it's got the line : "pa pa rapa rum tum, pa pa rap a tum tum, wish I was at home....for christmas"...

found it :

"Stop the Cavalry ," by Jona Lewie