aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
How is that? I normally shy away from Pulp/Jarvis stuff but this one intrigues me, namely due to Steve Albini's contribution....

I'm going to buy this on recommendation. My mate said it's an ace album. I'll be honest - didn't even realise he had an album coming out, but I'm going to buy it.

I've not got my Manics album yet either - is it good, people?

How is that? I normally shy away from Pulp/Jarvis stuff but this one intrigues me, namely due to Steve Albini's contribution....

Fu Manchu ~ Go For It...Live

Flower Travellin' Band ~ Anywhere

Various ~ Virus 100, ace Alternative Tentacles compilation of folk covering Dead Kennedys tunes, replacing my much worn cassette copy.

It's ok at best. Lyrically pretty good in places, but too many of the songs sounds half-finished, in a compositional sense as opposed to a rough-hewn-Albini-production sense.

Isis - Wavering Radiant. Well impressed with this. Personally speaking, I feel this is the best thing they've done since Oceanic. It feels like a very cohesive album with a very cohesive sound throughout. A great progression. It's also made me feel I should go back and re-evaluate "In the Absence of Truth" which I wrote off very quickly.

Doom/Sparklehorse - Dark Night of the Soul.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side

Miles Davis - Live/Evil. This one has been getting a fairly regular rotation (thanks Jim/AllHisEngines for poisoning me with your jazz!). First track is a total winner.

Isis - Wavering Radiant (bought it on a whim, and I really like it. I think they have ditched the tool direction they were taking and this album just sounds like a more focused and developed Panopticon)

Nadja - Desire In Uneasiness

The Arusha Accord - Nightmares Of The Ocean

recent purchases include the Heaven And Hell album plus the new ones from Lacuna Coil and Queensryche.

Also have pre-orders on the albums from Serpico and Hanging Doll.

Got a review copy of the Steel Panther album, filthy and hilarious! Spinal Tap meets Motley Crue with some Roy Chubby Brown thrown in for luck!

The Album Leaf - One day I'll be on time

American Football - The one with the tambourine single

Eluvium - Talk amongst the trees

Giraffes? Giraffes! - More Skin with Milk-mouth

Joy Wants Eternity - Must smash your ears...

A Lily - Wake:Sleep

Logh - Raging Sun

Miwon - Pale Glitter

Peter Broderick - Home

Red Sparowes - Aphorisms

Saxon Shore - It doesn't matter

Unwed Sailor - Firecracker

Vessels - Retreat

:love: