aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

replacing/buying lost oldies:

just got

Recover - Rodeo and Picasso

Manic Street Preachers - Gold Against The Soul

Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

All from Amazon, 11, DELIVERED!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
replacing/buying lost oldies:

just got

Recover - Rodeo and Picasso

Manic Street Preachers - Gold Against The Soul

Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

All from Amazon, 11, DELIVERED!

Gold Against the Soul is awesome. This Is My Truth - probably their worst album (IMO)!! Some good tunes on it as well though. Haven't listened to either for such a long time - Manics remind me of being 15, and just lying listening to CDs in my bedroom for hours and hours.

Gold Against the Soul is awesome. This Is My Truth - probably their worst album (IMO)!! Some good tunes on it as well though. Haven't listened to either for such a long time - Manics remind me of being 15, and just lying listening to CDs in my bedroom for hours and hours.

No i agree that TIMTTMY isn't that great an album, but as you say, it does have some TUNES on it and for 1p, I can't really say no. Gold Against The Soul is indeed awesome. Got all my favourite ones again, The Holy Bible can choke on my scrote. Never understood everyones fascination with that album.

No i agree that TIMTTMY isn't that great an album, but as you say, it does have some TUNES on it and for 1p, I can't really say no. Gold Against The Soul is indeed awesome. Got all my favourite ones again, The Holy Bible can choke on my scrote. Never understood everyones fascination with that album.

All that for 11 is indeed a massive bargain. I probably paid that for This is My Truth when it was first released...!!

If in the mood for Holy Bible I absolutely love (most of) it.

Generation Terrorists - Life Becoming A Landslide and Motorcycle Emptiness. Oh lordy, I need to go and dig out my old Manics CDs!!!

All that for 11 is indeed a massive bargain. I probably paid that for This is My Truth when it was first released...!!

If in the mood for Holy Bible I absolutely love (most of) it.

Generation Terrorists - Life Becoming A Landslide and Motorcycle Emptiness. Oh lordy, I need to go and dig out my old Manics CDs!!!

Generation Terrorists is my favourite and I don't think they have ever topped it. Love's Sweet Exile, Born To End, You Love Us, Spectators Of Suicide! Full of absolute TUNES!

I do like Everything Must Go too. A Design For Life, Enola/Alone, Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky, No Surface All Feeling.

What a band!

I was at the Leeds Festival in 2001 and the Manics were headlining the last day. At the time I hated them, James was fat and they were releasing crap like Tsunami and You Stole The Sun From My Heart. I was miffed they were headlining the whole festival so I started yelling "Burn the Manics!". A girl walking past turned to me looking shocked and started crying.

(The irony is I quite like them now)

Generation Terrorists is my favourite and I don't think they have ever topped it. Love's Sweet Exile, Born To End, You Love Us, Spectators Of Suicide! Full of absolute TUNES!

I do like Everything Must Go too. A Design For Life, Enola/Alone, Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky, No Surface All Feeling.

What a band!

Yeah man, and add to that Little Baby Nothing and Slash n Burn - awesome!!

Gold Against the Soul - beauties like Roses in the Hospital, From Despair to Where, Drug Drug Druggy

Holy Bible - Faster, This Is Yesterday, Yes

etc etc etc

Fuck me, I forgot how good those albums were. Right up there with my favourite all time bands, without a shadow of a doubt.

:up:

I was at the Leeds Festival in 2001 and the Manics were headlining the last day. At the time I hated them, James was fat and they were releasing crap like Tsunami and You Stole The Sun From My Heart. I was miffed they were headlining the whole festival so I started yelling "Burn the Manics!". A girl walking past turned to me looking shocked and started crying.

Saw them at Glasto 2007 (as well as another couple of times at normal gigs), they were absolutely amazing. The problem was the majority of the crowd happened to be at the stage for whatever pish was coming on after the Manics, can't remember what it was now. But there seemed to be a hardcore of about 10-15 people had managed to somehow land up next to each other near the front of the stage who were absolutely loving it. I was singing along to all the tunes with this Chinese guy. Random.

(I'm going to find out who the shit band who were coming on afterwards were - I remember starting a chant of "stick your [insert shit band name here] up your arse" to which 10 of us started singing to the 20 thousand (or whatever it was) strong crowd was. It went down really well as you can imagine).

EDIT: It was the fucking Kaiser Chiefs.

Yeah man, and add to that Little Baby Nothing and Slash n Burn - awesome!!

Gold Against the Soul - beauties like Roses in the Hospital, From Despair to Where, Drug Drug Druggy

Holy Bible - Faster, This Is Yesterday, Yes

etc etc etc

Fuck me, I forgot how good those albums were. Right up there with my favourite all time bands, without a shadow of a doubt.

:up:

from despair to where is a tune.

I used to know how to play every manics song that I liked on the bass. but forgotten now, wouldn't be too hard to figure them out again by sitting in front of the cd player for 5 mins. hahaha. Nicky Wire is shit on the bass.

2001 was when Know Your Enemy came out so you're wrong. They were releasing Found That Soul, So Why So Sad, Ocean Spray and Let Robeson Sing. Still mostly crap though!

All good so far :up:

Bit of a pest buying all these at one time, as I can't dedicate enough amount of listening time to each.

Again, I haven't dedicated enough listening time to it; but the one play so far has impressed me. Sounds a bit like Russian Circles in places... I think.

Just noticed these guys are playing snafu on Monday night. Boost! :up:

aberdeen-music - 04-05-2009

Textures - Drawing Circles

Into The Moat - The Campaign

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Agorapocalypse (Been waiting for mine to come into 1-up for weeks, never came, plus it was cheaper on amazon....wayyyyyyyyyy cheaper.)

American Music Club - California/United Kingdom (Total Winner. Got it for a tenner)