aberdeen-music

Stayover live track from the moorings

The Milner

I have a request..make the track downloadable so I can play it without having to go to the site, I keep listening to it on repeat sooo.. :p

and what's wrong with the lyrics? they fit the song perfectly, it's the kind of song you'd sing along to while driving along in the sun in the summer with the windows down..

Aaaand..the most important thing? You can imagine a crowd singing "put on your black top, put on your black skirt, ..."

I have a request..make the track downloadable so I can play it without having to go to the site' date=' I keep listening to it on repeat sooo.. :p

and what's wrong with the lyrics? they fit the song perfectly, it's the kind of song you'd sing along to while driving along in the sun in the summer with the windows down..

Aaaand..the most important thing? You can imagine a crowd singing "put on your black top, put on your black skirt, ..."[/quote']

they do.

the only thing that put me off it was the blink 182 copied banter from the backing vocalist "look mum or mom im on tv"

i don't know if it was the fact it was an mp3 but the guitar sound sounded quite rough (maybe you were aiming for it)

the drums were ok , they suited the song but hey not bad overall

Flash@TMB... stick to pulling pints!

Phillip I was so looking forward to replying to your original response :) Shame.

FYI I'm considered a shit barman so they don't let me work behind the bar.

And err... do you have anything available for download so that the rest of us can listen to it on our computers and pass judgement? Go on - Laura has a Dell laptop with a two 1/2" drivers and a 1W amp. The bass response is fantastic, although the snare sounds like a pair of nail clippers. Listening to it, it's just about possible to discern Iron Maiden from Louie Armstrong... but fear not I'll instinctively know whether your stuffs any good. Won't I?

:nono:

the only thing that put me off it was the blink 182 copied banter from the backing vocalist "look mum or mom im on tv"

Did Blink 182 say that? I dunno, I just said it because someone put a video camera in my face at the moment. We say/do a lot of on-the-fly stuff at our gigs... and I say "mum" not "mom".

;)

Guest Zeenat Aman
Phillip I was so looking forward to replying to your original response :) Shame.

FYI I'm considered a shit barman so they don't let me work behind the bar.

And err... do you have anything available for download so that the rest of us can listen to it on our computers and pass judgement? Go on - Laura has a Dell laptop with a two 1/2" drivers and a 1W amp. The bass response is fantastic' date=' although the snare sounds like a pair of nail clippers. Listening to it, it's just about possible to discern Iron Maiden from Louie Armstrong... but fear not I'll instinctively know whether your stuffs any good. Won't I?

:nono:[/quote']

Heh, busted. :p:D

You can check out my home demo's in the link in my sig.

One mic, cool edit and and no real knowledge of production.

EDIT: If you like, you can tell me what you think in this thread: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21707

Heh' date=' busted. :p:D

You can check out my home demo's in the link in my sig.

One mic, cool edit and and no real knowledge of production.

[b']EDIT: If you like, you can tell me what you think in this thread: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21707

OK I'm listening to it now. I like it, and so does Captain Flint (he's whistling along to what sounds like a flute although on the laptop it might as well be a wind blowing down a chimney.

You should consider dropping by the bar on a Sunday evening. Usually between 7pm and 9pm we have some jazz going. And if you come along I'll let you hear our recordings of Ghost of Bongo they're probably closer to your tastes.

MTA is usually there too.

Guest Zeenat Aman

Ok, listened to it through better speakers...

The recording is better than I first thought, even in mp3, but the playing, singing and song, while maybe fun, is poorly performed... just my opinion, which means nowt. :D

This is the best band in Aberdeen(according to jester375463947)!

:help::laughing:

Ok' date=' listened to it through better speakers...

The recording is better than I first thought, even in mp3, but the playing, singing and song, while maybe fun, is poorly performed.

This is the best band in Aberdeen(according to jester375463947)!!!!!!!!!

:help:[/quote']

come see us dont base your whole opinion based on one song.

Guest Zeenat Aman
come see us dont base your whole opinion based on one song.

Have you always drummed for poo/stayover?

I have experienced poo a few years back heh.

Have you always drummed for poo/stayover?

I have experienced poo a few years back heh.

No he never. Our first drummer was Tooms, who was incidentally, also the first drummer for MMw. Then we had Ross McTaggart of The X-Certs before Milner joined PoO about a year before we started Stayover.

as i said above.....

You'll actually notice there's about a 1 minute difference between our posts, so while you posted yours I was typing mine... and my answer is more detailed.

So there, smart ass.

Guest Keira

hahaha, i totally didnt realise it was this song!

this song has provided many fun gigs in the past.. "put on your black top, put on your black skirt, put on your black skirt with the hole".. ah, good times!