aberdeen-music

Stayover live track from the moorings

The Milner

Guest Scorge Spike
i was thinking the same about some people as well now you mention it.

I'm past caring about the who's and why's. All I came on this thread to do was agree with someone else's perception of a band's musical output, and a 23 year old band member came on acting like a childish prick, regardless of perception. It's getting back like the days when a certain Mr B. Timpson was about......

I'm past caring about the who's and why's. All I came on this thread to do was agree with someone else's perception of a band's musical output' date=' and a 23 year old band member came on acting like a childish prick, regardless of perception. It's getting back like the days when a certain Mr B. Timpson was about......[/quote']

This is Ben Timpson.

I'm past caring about the who's and why's. All I came on this thread to do was agree with someone else's perception of a band's musical output' date=' and a 23 year old band member came on acting like a childish prick, regardless of perception. It's getting back like the days when a certain Mr B. Timpson was about......[/quote']

yeh your right people have a nack of ganging up against people on here dont they, damm those scene kids!!!!

RAWK on!!!

Guest Zeenat Aman

Sorry, I just cant take you serious man...

You're in SPD!!!

Guest Zeenat Aman
Yeah' date=' that Scorge cracks me up. What a sense of humour.[/quote']

I noticed his standards increase once he joined spike, must be that rib tickler jakey's influence!

Guest Scorge Spike
Sorry' date=' I just cant take you serious man...

You're in SPD!!![/quote']

I understand Phil. Though believe me, I take hitting drums at 800bpm and over 1000spm very seriously.....:p

Guest Zeenat Aman
I understand Phil. Though believe me' date=' I take hitting drums at 800bpm and over 1000spm very seriously.....:p[/quote']

Ah good, you must be asleep now, dreaming. :sleeping:

:p

"I'm just a misery... blah blah blah"

I second the "shit Blink 182" thing. The lyrics are dire, the singing is off key, the drumming is out of time, its unoriginal... dull and uninspiring.

:D

i like the song although lyrics are not the best thing in the world, it is a catchy melody...and a catchy chorus you can singalong too.

Fair enough not a lot of people on aberdeen "not the real scene" music's taste but what do you expect...

The sound quality is great so I think that can silence those who hate moorings sound.

Why do people bother commenting on music from a genre that doesn't appeal to them? Jeez...

The originality one always gets me too. Why does something have to be 'original' to be good? This pursuit of originality keeps churning up some right tripe.

Personally I only comment on something if I like it, or if I believe my comments are genuinely constructive and might somehow help the artist to improve.

In this instance I particularily like the lyrics, and that's probably because I've listened to the track so many times that I pretty much know them off by heart. I like the way the song starts off heading in one direction like it's written for an ex-girlfriend and then changes midway as if the composer suddenly admitted to himself the real reason for writing it. I love the "Put on your..." part of the lyrics because their funny and clever. Not clever in a prog rock way, but clever in a emo/punk way. I like the structure of the song; it seems the band have really thought about how to play it. There lot's of deft touches. I like the 3-way harmonies. All in it's a feel good song, and stands fair comparison with commercial music of a similar style. No it's not original I don't recall the band claiming to be the next Velvet Underground, Joy Division, or Pink Floyd. You might as well criticise someone for not having an original haircut.

Hm' date=' I aint impressed with the recording either, after all the threads about how great the moorings sound is etc, sounds pretty flat to me![/quote']

So Philip what were you listening to the tune on - your computer? Whoa how audiophile of you! Perhaps we'll get to hear all about how great your computer is, but please don't waste your time OK. I've listened to the tune on our PA, our delay speakers, my car stereo, and my home HiFi (Mucial Fidelity A3.2 series). To me it sounds great.

Before you go commenting on the sound of something perhaps consider who it was recorded and mixed it, and the equipment that it was performed on and recorded with. Otherwise people might start thinking that you're cloth eared. You may as well watch Michael Schumacher drive his Ferrari and then call him a shit driver and the Ferrari a shit car.

One you've earned several million quid and a Queens Award for industry manufacturing universally acclaimed PA equipment, DITTO hard disk recorders, AND have platinum discs that you've produced hanging on your wall then the less gifted of us might take some notice. Until then STFU.

And if you think this was harsh then consider that it's no worse than the opinions that you've voiced. Just longer. Nothing personal BTW I just think you're being a dick.

Really I'd like to see anyone produce something better sounding than this from a live recording in 4 hours, sitting in a bar. I'm not even aware of any other bars with a similar facility in house.

EDIT: Jeez what a terror I am sometimes. OK I take most of the nastiness back... but do take into account that this is a downloaded MP3 playing most likely through a computer. I leave the original text up as an example of what a total c*** I can be (and I don't use the 'c' word lightly!

"I'm just a misery... blah blah blah"

I second the "shit Blink 182" thing. The lyrics are dire' date=' the singing is off key, the drumming is out of time, its unoriginal... dull and uninspiring.

:D[/quote']

a bit like the videos then without the blink 182 influence :cheers:

The sound quality is great so I think that can silence those who hate moorings sound.

Camie the only sure fire way to silence a critic involes quick dry cement.

IMO, and I have lots of it, critics either:

A) get a hard-on (or female equiv) from doing their thing

B) they have an axe to grind

C) they are being paid for it

D) all of the above

Otherwise why would anyone wish to be a critic?

Having said that, if the Stayover guys have dished out similar treatment to others in the past then hey GAME ON LOL!!!

On a personal note though, the only time I have ever used destructive criticism on these boards it was directed at Stripey. Not tha doesn't make it OK LOL. It was motivated by dislike for Stripey. What I said had no valid critical content and involved the words "fart", "tune", and "better".

Yeah' date=' ok, it's my computer. I just got horrible phasing and screeching sounds on the version I heard. I'm sure it sounds fine on the original tape.[/quote']

LMAO! Heh heh come see me at the bar and I'll give you a copy of our CD to listen to for real OK. PM me if you'd like to arrange. There's about 10 tracks on it.

Guest haigyman

well, (obviously) this isn't my usual sort of "thing", so feel free to disregard my opinion;

pretty cack, agree with the blink 182 but shit statements, though that bit where the singing was all high before getting louder was bearable-ish-sort of

good sound quality though