aberdeen-music

Stayover live track from the moorings

The Milner

Guest Zeenat Aman
Philip' date=' you should go to the Moorings to check out the live recordings, seriously, the quality is very good. :cheers:[/quote']

I'm sure they are, but the music they recorded on the other hand?

I'm sure they are' date=' but the music they recorded on the other hand?[/quote']

You were impressed with Jo's stuff, theres a full album of Jo's stuff recorded there, and its damn good, ask Flash i'm sure he'll play you some, i keep meaning to ask Flash if he has any of Emma's stuff from that night recorded, i would love to have a track from that set too.

Cheers

Stuart

There are many different levels of MP3 encoding. The one everyone here is listening to is the most extreme. More than 95% of the data has been removed. This gives it LESS bandwidth then a phone line. Every tried listening to music down the phone LMAO!

The MP3s that most people listen to on their players are typically contain 5x as much data as this sample. Mindiscs typically remove 'only' around 50% of the detail. Now think about it, if you keep removing data then sooner or later it IS going to start sounding like shit and NINETY FIVE percent is an awful lot to take out. Anyone that thinks they can judge sound quality with 95% of the sound removed is talking gash. Those 'opinions' count for nowt... because only a retard would form an opinion on that basis.

He who has the best toys always wins, except in Vietnam :D

Once I get my sax and flute back from the doctors I think I will. It's the guys from hexagonal P's and lewis etc?

One thing' date=' if it ends up sounding like [i']jazz funk I'll puke. :laughing:

Yes and many many more. Andy Phillip and Scot Cruickshank are often there too, as is Rory from the Void and Paul from Cleartone. Ross plays drums most of the time.

You were impressed with Jo's stuff' date=' theres a full album of Jo's stuff recorded there, and its damn good, ask Flash i'm sure he'll play you some, i keep meaning to ask Flash if he has any of Emma's stuff from that night recorded, i would love to have a track from that set too.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

No but once the new monitors are installed we'll have another crack at it.

i reckon that there are many bands doing this style of stuff much better.

No doubt' date=' but we never expected to be world beaters after around two months of gigging in our home city.

To voluntarily listen to Stayover now would just be silly, perhaps no amount of production will save them from being shit!?

The production is fine, so if you think the track is shit, we're glad to take the blame.

Thanks.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Yes and many many more. Andy Phillip and Scot Cruickshank are often there too' date=' as is Rory from the Void and Paul from Cleartone. Ross plays drums most of the time.[/quote']

Ah, nice, I'll come along to one soon then. :)

There are many different levels of MP3 encoding. The one everyone here is listening to is the most extreme. More than 95% of the data has been removed. This gives it LESS bandwidth then a phone line. Every tried listening to music down the phone LMAO!

The MP3s that most people listen to on their players are typically contain 5x as much data as this sample. Mindiscs typically remove 'only' around 50% of the detail. Now think about it' date=' if you keep removing data then sooner or later it IS going to start sounding like shit and NINETY FIVE percent is an awful lot to take out. Anyone that thinks they can judge sound quality with 95% of the sound removed is talking gash. Those 'opinions' count for nowt... because only a retard would form an opinion on that basis.

He who has the best toys always wins, except in Vietnam :D[/quote']

2.7 mb is pretty average for a track this length.

I'm glad you have a pub. Nobody would suffer you otherwise.

Prick.

2.7 mb is pretty average for a track this length.

I'm glad you have a pub. Nobody would suffer you otherwise.

Prick.

Just be glad there are other pubs or you'd have to suffer me in person. The me you see on the forums is an especially toned down version. I agree with your final analyses though... I am a prick.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Just be glad there are other pubs or you'd have to suffer me in person. The me you see on the forums is an especially toned down version. I agree with your final analyses though... I am a prick.

Spoken like a true homosexual! :D:p

Guest neil ex

Maybe Flash should have told Milner not to put that file (?) online and ask people for comments on the song and recording if he isn't happy with how it sounds..

Maybe Flash should have told Milner not to put that file (?) online and ask people for comments on the song and recording if he isn't happy with how it sounds..

Well actually, that would be impossible since it was Milner that made the mp3 and Flash would never have heard it in that format until it was online... and he never said he was unhappy with how it sounds, but rather pointed out that how it sounds on purevolume doesn't actually represent the quality of the original recording.

Well actually' date=' that would be impossible since it was Milner that made the mp3 and Flash would never have heard it in that format until it was online... and he never said he was unhappy with how it sounds, but rather pointed out that how it sounds on purevolume doesn't actually represent the quality of the original recording.[/quote']

Gee it's fun being mates with you Stayover guys... everyone hates me now too LOL.

haha this is great, 10 pages on this song, cheers guys!!!

ah to be honest i think at the end of the day we were never going to please everyone with that song, as bob says we're a brand new band only been giging for well this would be our 3rd month now. We are never going to be the best band in the world already but i like to think we.ve made a huge amount of progress in our short time together, going from a 4 piece to a 3 piece is a big change as anyone will tell you so i think again for the time we have been at it we have come on a good lot. Maybe this recording isnt the best thing we could ever do, but id like to see many other bands get a perfect recording at the end of a 50 minute set full of high paced songs and when your singer has a cold, in fact id like to see many aberdeeen bands pull of a good 50 minute set in the first place.

But thanks for the feed back guys its all been taking on board (then chucked away two seconds later...)

Guest Zeenat Aman

I feel guilty and a lil bit silly now, cos I only listened to the track for the first time about 5 minutes ago!!!

:laughing:

haha this is great' date=' 10 pages on this song, cheers guys!!!

ah to be honest i think at the end of the day we were never going to please everyone with that song, as bob says we're a brand new band only been giging for well this would be our 3rd month now. We are never going to be the best band in the world already but i like to think we.ve made a huge amount of progress in our short time together, going from a 4 piece to a 3 piece is a big change as anyone will tell you so i think again for the time we have been at it we have come on a good lot. Maybe this recording isnt the best thing we could ever do, but id like to see many other bands get a perfect recording at the end of a 50 minute set full of high paced songs and when your singer has a cold, in fact id like to see many aberdeeen bands pull of a good 50 minute set in the first place.

But thanks for the feed back guys its all been taking on board (then chucked away two seconds later...)[/quote']

there are some lies contained in this post

I feel guilty and a lil bit silly now' date=' cos I only listened to the track for the first time about 5 minutes ago!!!

:laughing:

there are some lies contained in this post

It wasn't even really recorded at The Moorings, and Stayover don't even perform on it. We just uploaded something from the new Blink182 album produced by Mutt Lang and over dubbed Milner's voice and some clapping on to it.