100 Greatest Cartoons.

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

tom and jerry got to number 2, so i don't give a fuck

but yeah, i hate c-list celebrities (as in, the ones who've gone past Z and had to go back to the beginning of the alphabet) and their 'quirky' two cents about funny things relating to bad 'retro' cartoons. shut up dudes.

i'd also like to voice my confusion and displeasure at having CGI animations, claymation etc - why not call it best animations because i thought cartoons had to be drawn...

i'd also like to say that i didn't watch this, though i amazed and impressed my girlfriend by describing the exact scenes from tom and jerry by identifying sound effects over the phone to her. i think she was really excited by it all.

true' date=' where the hell where the raccoons??? Damnit!! Count Duckula was also actually ACE.[/quote']

im listening to the raccoons theme right now...

*you can run with us, we've got everything you need. run with us, we are free.*

(p.s Dr Zitbags transylvanian pet shop!!!)

I also agree that there was far too much Disney. I counted at least 15' date=' including the lion king, and winnie the pooh, which are not Disneys finest moments by any stretch of the imagination.

[/quote']

What?? to much disney...truly they are the gods of animation... and i have to say that lion king is one of disneys finest...

What?? to much disney...truly they are the gods of animation... and i have to say that lion king is one of disneys finest...

Prime disney like snow white and pinnochio is great, but films like the little mermaid and the lion king were the sound of a once great company scraping the bottom of the barrel. In the programme last night, Walt Disney's nephew admitted that he was surprised that the lion king did as much money as it did at the box office because it was not one of their finest.

Disney are not the force that they once were.

Guest tv tanned

I agree, Lion King is actually a very good movie, Disney has, however, failed to produce good movies consistently for quite some time, and has now decided to compete with Dreamworks and Pixar in the 3D toon market.

I fear they are going to fall very very badly.

Glad to see Akira so high.

What a crime though that futurama didnt make it to the top ten - SOOOOO much funnier than the simpsons.....Bender - best.character.ever....

but Bender is Homer....

I agree' date=' Lion King is actually a very good movie, Disney has, however, failed to produce good movies consistently for quite some time, and has now decided to compete with Dreamworks and Pixar in the 3D toon market.

I fear they are going to fall very very badly.[/quote']

The Lion King has always been my favourite Disney movie, even though almost everybody else tries to convince me it's one of the worst, and something rubbish like Pocahontas is better.

When I told my parents I watched the 100 Greatest Cartoons, they both (separately) asked where Snow White featured.

I never thought much of Snow White. Did it feature? Someone else read Logan's list for me.

urotsukidoji prt 1 and akira were the only classic anime in there

im surprised because ghost in the shell is probally the most important anime in the uk (im not a great fan but the matrix owes it alot)

i can see why akira got in and spirited away(due to the mayjor bumsex it got from john boy)

but urotsukidoji? im a fan of demon rape and the end of the world but urotsukidoji did not deserve to be in there

and where the fuck was space ghost and aqua teen hunger force?, they only lived a short life in the uk, but i can bet alot more people like that over samurai crack

The Lion King has always been my favourite Disney movie' date=' even though almost everybody else tries to convince me it's one of the worst, and something rubbish like Pocahontas is better.

When I told my parents I watched the 100 Greatest Cartoons, they both (separately) asked where Snow White featured.

I never thought much of Snow White. Did it feature? Someone else read Logan's list for me.[/quote']

why you lazy little?

I had to painstakingly type all those names as they came up and you can't even be bothered.....

oh well, it came number 60!

urotsukidoji prt 1 and akira were the only classic anime in there

im surprised because ghost in the shell is probally the most important anime in the uk (im not a great fan but the matrix owes it alot)

i can see why akira got in and spirited away(due to the mayjor bumsex it got from john boy)

but urotsukidoji? im a fan of demon rape and the end of the world but urotsukidoji did not deserve to be in there

and where the fuck was space ghost and aqua teen hunger force?' date=' they only lived a short life in the uk, but i can bet alot more people like that over samurai crack[/quote']

Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. Best Program Ever! ^_^

The funniest one was with the guy from Police Academy. The guy with the really funny voice (not the sound effects dude (he is a god)).

oh the tears of laughter I shed at that...

I thought it was ok unitl i realised how many good ones were missed.

Dogtanian' date=' Visionaries, Mr Benn, Super Ted, King Rollo (wasn't the biggest fan but i thought it would be there).[/quote']

Yeh.. Mr Benn should have been in it. Definitely.

Can I just say, I'm so happy about The Ren and Stimpy Show. I watched it at a very young age, and was never able to remember much of it, except for the little mouse dude. I was ecstatic when I saw it, because now I know the cartoon I loved (and lost) for so many years. Thank you, CH4! I salute you!

Why were the incredibles in top ten? Turd on toast. I agree with what people are saying on this board - 'celebrities' comments were so stupid. Especially about Mrs Incredible. I'm sure I heard someone say something along the lines of 'She's so hot because she can strech into any position'. So corny. Or should that be horny? Anyway, I was happy with most of the list, but where were THE MOOMINS?!

3.gif

ALSO MISSING: Alvin and the chipmunks, carebears, family ness, poddington peas plus the others you mentioned