100 Greatest Cartoons.

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf!?!

I really need to voice my distaste.

How dare futurama not be number one! It's quite clearly superior to the simpsons in animation, jokes, characters etc. Mt. Burns and Homer and possibly Moe/Snake are the only good thing about the simpsons!

How can anyone find them funnier than zapp brannigan and co.! For instance "ahhh, commets - the icebergs of the sky. Perhaps jacknifing from one to the next we might get some kind of gravity boost or something! DIVERT ALL POWER FROM THE SHIELDS!" - Zapp.

Tsk tsk. :nono:

I really need to voice my distaste.

How dare futurama not be number one! It's quite clearly superior to the simpsons in animation' date=' jokes, characters etc. Mt. Burns and Homer and possibly Moe/Snake are the only good thing about the simpsons!

[/quote']

Amen to that! The outcome was so obvious as well. Simpsons was all anyone compared anything to all night... so boring!

Can I just say' date=' I'm so happy about The Ren and Stimpy Show. I watched it at a very young age, and was never able to remember much of it, except for the little mouse dude. I was ecstatic when I saw it, because now I know the cartoon I loved (and lost) for so many years. Thank you, CH4! I salute you!

Why were the incredibles in top ten? Turd on toast. I agree with what people are saying on this board - 'celebrities' comments were so stupid. Especially about Mrs Incredible. I'm sure I heard someone say something along the lines of 'She's so hot because she can strech into any position'. So corny. Or should that be horny? Anyway, I was happy with most of the list, but where were THE MOOMINS?!

[img']http://www.themoomins.com/mumins/img/3.gif

ALSO MISSING: Alvin and the chipmunks, carebears, family ness, poddington peas plus the others you mentioned

family ness? are you fucking joking???

youd be aswell moan that penny crayon wasnt in

as for the moomins i never got that show (however it was better than the cartoon about a stupid bird narrated by bruce forsyth)

and the carebears as much as i love it is an awful cartoon (better than my little pony by far)

poddington peas sucked ballox too, im surprised arthur wasnt there or doug

infact im disgusted at the whole show so im just gonna kid a lid on and do you all a favour

as for the moomins i never got that show (however it was better than the cartoon about a stupid bird narrated by bruce forsyth)

Moomins was great, way existential! I used to cry as a child watching that shit. Same with Muppet Babies, bizarrely. I think it was just because I really loved the muppets, and the idea of baby versions of them facing mild imperilment was upseting.

• 1 year later...

my favies: SESAME STREET!!!, POKEMON!!!!!, pingu (old school), pokoyo, postman pat, teenage mutant hero turtles (again old school), charlie and lola, hong kong phoooey, wacky races, CHICKEN RUN!!!, the simpsons, futurama, batman, X-MEN, Family guy, bat-fink, INVADER ZIM....and i could go on and on and on and on and on; but i won't...

ah is it? okay' date=' that's probably why I thought they were the same thing! hehe!

For anyone who didn't watch it, the order went something like this:

THE 100 GREATEST CARTOONS 1-100

The Simpsons

Tom and Jerry

South Park

[/quote']

i can tell you that the list is a load of bullshit because it missed out one of the most important cartoons to date....CHARLIE BROWN AND THE PEANUTS.

he was conceived in sometime in the 1951, roughly ten years after Bugs Bunny made a regular appearance, and roughly twenty after Mickey Mouse. now these are important.