aberdeen-music

God save The Queen?

Camie

..that's the day after my birthday.

and, royality is pathetic. great, now we have some stuck up rich woman for the new queen..WAIT..isn't that like the definition of the queen? GAH. :down:

not that i'm not all for the monarchy :rolleyes:

they have no function or purpose. they have no place here. they should be abolished.

the other thing that fucks me off is that they're banging on about the outrage that there will be if camilla becomes queen. who gives a fuck? why would there be outrage? just because she's not fucking diana. it's such a crock of shit. he should never get the chance to be king and she should never get the chance to be queen because they're a pointless excursion in pomp and wasted tax money. their only purpose is as a very expensive tourist attraction. frankly we don't need it and the money that goes on subsidising these blue blooded wankers could be better used in schools and hospitals.

they have no function or purpose. they have no place here. they should be abolished.

the other thing that fucks me off is that they're banging on about the outrage that there will be if camilla becomes queen. who gives a fuck? why would there be outrage? just because she's not fucking diana. it's such a crock of shit. he should never get the chance to be king and she should never get the chance to be queen because they're a pointless excursion in pomp and wasted tax money. their only purpose is as a very expensive tourist attraction. frankly we don't need it and the money that goes on subsidising these blue blooded wankers could be better used in schools and hospitals.

bloody well said.

You forget that they bring in a considerable amount of money in tourism though - take a look at Deeside for instance. If it wasn't for the royal family existing, it's unlikely there'd be much money floating around Ballater/Aboyne/etc. Like them or hate them, it's not hard to see that their existence generates a fair bit of wealth and affluence for this part of the country.

Fully agree. Camilla will never be Queen though she will be Princess but thats it. Apparently Charles paid himself roughly 10 million last year so I beleive.

I reckon in a few generations they will abolish the monarchy.

You forget that they bring in a considerable amount of money in tourism though - take a look at Deeside for instance. If it wasn't for the royal family existing' date=' it's unlikely there'd be much money floating around Ballater/Aboyne/etc. Like them or hate them, it's not hard to see that their existence generates a fair bit of wealth and affluence for this part of the country.[/quote']

yea but they take a whole whack of tax money to subsidise their existence. i think the amount of money lost would be made up by the money their abolition freed up. and the buildings would still remain and they would still own them so they can still buy their shit from ballater if they want. they just won't be royal and they'll have to pay for it with their own money. they'd just be abolished as a title and position, i'm not saying we should kill them all or anything(yet).

Has there actually been any studies into whether they take more than they generate? I'm not convinced that they suck far more than they put into the economy - heck, look at the amount of money generated for the local economy every year in Braemar just because the Queen turns up - would you want to take that away from them?

Abolishing them isn't the answer, but perhaps cutting back on funding to insigificant royals is.

yes but what i'm saying is that the queen will still turn up, she just won't be the queen. i'm sure the idiots will still go see her but she just won't receive any public money for it and she won't be our 'ruler'.

the money will still be generated though probably not to the same extent and she just won't have a private army anymore or a large income from tax. plus the tax breaks they get saves a huge amount of money that other people or companies don't have the benefit of. for example the prince of wales doesn't pay capital gains tax or corporation tax on his estate in cornwall which saves him maybe 5 to 40 million pounds a year. and that's just one part of their vast property portfolios.

buildings like buckingham palace and balmoral castel will still operate as money spinning tourist attractions and the local communities will still benefit but there will be no monarchy and there will be no harping on about whether camilla will be queen.

everyone should have an issue with a 'royal' family. i mean the entire concept that being born into a specific family means you have the right to 'rule' over other people who give you vast amounts of money to subsidise your glamourous lifestyle and your massive estates is fucking vile.

people are dying today and the only thing on the news is prince charles is getting married and what a hooha if she's going to be queen and all that shite. it makes me sick. it should make everyone sick.

yea but they take a whole whack of tax money to subsidise their existence. i think the amount of money lost would be made up by the money their abolition freed up. and the buildings would still remain and they would still own them so they can still buy their shit from ballater if they want. they just won't be royal and they'll have to pay for it with their own money. they'd just be abolished as a title and position' date=' i'm not saying we should kill them all or anything(yet).[/quote']

The royals are not paid from general taxation. They are granted money from the civil list in return for allowing crown lands to be used by the state.

They should, however, pay tax and if they don't contibute in some way as ambassadors or something then they should be paid nothing. eg prince andrew.

Shes not getting to become Queen even if Charles is made king, and theyre saying will never happen anyways. The thing that got up my nose was that people think by having a stupid "text in tell us your opinion" on the radio, then having a text pole to see what the public thought. As if they'll be listening and then think 'oh the public think it's a bad idea for us to get married honey. Maybe we shouldn't get married after all. Not that Ive stopped loving you or anything...' so stupid. If there in love let them do what they want.

I'm with Dave. Fuck the lot of them. Why the hell is "Man and woman get married" all over my newspaper and tv today? That's not fucking news.

If all we can rely on is fat fucking americans flying here to look at these leaches holiday homes then we're fucked anyway.

I'm with Dave. Fuck the lot of them. Why the hell is "Man and woman get married" all over my newspaper and tv today? That's not fucking news.

If all we can rely on is fat fucking americans flying here to look at these leaches holiday homes then we're fucked anyway.

yea!!

fuck them.

when i'm in the flat all i watch is news 24 and i'm not kidding from 9 in the morning till when i gave up just after 2 all that was on was charles is getting married. surely something more important was happening. i mean just yesterday they made one of the most important break throughs in teh middle east peace process for 4 years and it was nowhere to be seen today.