aberdeen-music

God save The Queen?

Camie

ach' date='you're all so cynical. I really don't see why all the fuss is being made, but meh. If there are two more happy people in the world, then good for them, i can't see that as a bad thing.[/quote']

Yea fair enough. Doesnt mean it needs to be all over every media source that it ould possibly feature in

Being a king/Queen is just ceremonial now , i mean sure they have the choice on whether or not a PM is chosen(really can't deny a PM his/her post, last time that happened was in 1708) or whether or not parliament is dissolved ( that is if a vote of confidence is not taken by the PM's party of course) and of course the approvement of a bill presented by the house of lords in order to make it a law. But other than that the monarchy is quite ceremonial ( still the queen has an ace carriage, beats the popemobile thumbs down!)

Uh' date=' the future King of Britain, Australia, Canada etc. getting married?

Surely it deserves at least a little recognition?[/quote']

A little recognition is fine, what i dislike is the public out pouring of false emotion in these events. The TV footage of Diana's funeral seem very fake to me, the public acted the way they thought they should, crying in the streets and buying flowers etc. I'm sure some people were acting genuinely, but the majority just seemed to be jumping on the bandwagon.

Same with the wedding, people are making a fuss about because they think they should be, not because they actually care.

A little recognition is fine' date=' what i dislike is the public out pouring of false emotion in these events. The TV footage of Diana's funeral seem very fake to me, the public acted the way they thought they should, crying in the streets and buying flowers etc. I'm sure some people were acting genuinely, but the majority just seemed to be jumping on the bandwagon.

Same with the wedding, people are making a fuss about because they think they should be, not because they actually care.[/quote']

Well can you not just say that about people's reactions to the Tsunami? I mean, obviously people care and are concerned, but only to a certain degree, seeing as they are not directly involved. If you see what I mean.

People are, as a whole, selfish. They only genuinely, 100%-ly care about themselves, or things with a direct link to their lives.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
everyone should have an issue with a 'royal' family. i mean the entire concept that being born into a specific family means you have the right to 'rule' over other people who give you vast amounts of money to subsidise your glamourous lifestyle and your massive estates is fucking vile.

people are dying today and the only thing on the news is prince charles is getting married and what a hooha if she's going to be queen and all that shite. it makes me sick. it should make everyone sick.

Game, set and fucking match, Dave. I had a feeling you would say something about this! You're spot on, these arseholes are no more "royal" than you or I. I was told that the TV schedules were interrupted the other day for this oh-so-important event. Bollocks. It's just a fucking smokescreen, a sideshow to distract people. My taxes go towards funding these parasitic leeches and scroungers and I don't remember being asked about it. Strip them of all their privileges, use their huge tracts of land to house the homeless and send these sponging bastards straight to the bottom of the fucking housing list.

Yes, it does make me sick. Bilious even.