aberdeen-music

student meals

Guest valley69

well, cheaper still....

get some nice tins of soup.... they are like 50p... and some bread which will last you several days if not a week.... you can have a full good filling tea for like 70p

:)

When I was a student (many, many years ago) I remember living for a week on soup and tatties. A few of us used to get half-price mince from a butcher on Urquhart Road on a Monday, and eat mince-based meals for the rest of the week. Another good ploy was to go to the old Radar's on Schoolhill and order spaghetti bolognese...if you finished one massive plateful you got another free...so if you bloated yourself one day you could survive with no food for the next one (or two!).

The joys of studenthood!!!!

"pasta n sauce" for like 65p in safeway.

chips for like 45p from safeway(nice ones, not cheap nasty ones, there's an offer on)

ummmm....*thinks*

..super noodles, they arel ike 40p buy one get one free from safeway, or at least they were..

last year i practically lived off pasta and sauce. tesco value pasta quills for 20p and the sauce was about 60p - both were about 4 meals worth for me. for dinner times, i used to buy tesco eggs (6 for 50p) which made 3 batches of scrambled egg. :D

(for extra cheapness, anything that could be frozen was frozen!)