aberdeen-music

Okay, a little help..

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Get to fuck you ignorant fucking bastard. We have played Kef ONCE' date=' in early November. That's ONCE. We're booked to play there again on Sunday, nothing else. Once again I think you're getting us confused with Gone 2 Far. At least make an effort to hide your ignorance. Do you actually know who we are? We have plans for getting out of Aberdeen, but because we care about what we do, we want to wait ubtil we can get out and play a really good show. Is that wrong? Before you start slating people, get your facts at least somewhere in the vague region of correct, CUNT. But that just wouldn't be any fun for you, would it?[/quote']

so whats this big plan? send a demo to EMI?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cowboy Dan

Every word will show up capitalised if you try your whole message in capitals.

LIKE IF YOU TRY DOING THIS, IT WON'T WORK. I THINK NEIL TURNED THIS ON BECAUSE OF THE TERMINAL X GUY.

Ok, so it worked that time

Get to fuck you ignorant fucking bastard. We have played Kef ONCE' date=' in early November. That's ONCE. We're booked to play there again on Sunday, nothing else. Once again I think you're getting us confused with Gone 2 Far. At least make an effort to hide your ignorance. Do you actually know who we are? We have plans for getting out of Aberdeen, but because we care about what we do, we want to wait ubtil we can get out and play a really good show. Is that wrong? Before you start slating people, get your facts at least somewhere in the vague region of correct, CUNT. But that just wouldn't be any fun for you, would it?[/quote']

calum dude calm down man dont rise up to him.

At the end of the day at least u have a band man at least you are up there doing your thing.....as for the GOFONS haha well.....need i say more.

People like that who cant do their own thing will always think they know better just leave them to dream about finaly making it onto stage.

Dunno why everyones getting riled up, jesus. Remember Jamesy, regardless of whether the woman from the states came over it was still a success for all the bands concerned. So Camie got it wrong, who cares- don't let everything get to you dude.

Calum- Maxi is a wind-up merchant like Cowboy Dan and Tam O'Shantie, just ignore them or take it with the fun its meant in. They just thrive on you getting all wound up.

I was pretty certain that we were close to getting past all this animosity towards bands. It's pretty sad picking faults in things and peoples performances, more of our time on this board should be spent focusing on the positive aspects of things or giving constructive criticism rather than wading in with pointless barbed comments.

:down:

Hey, I'm just giving him what he wants, my band obviously can't. Which brings us back to the point that he knows nothing about us. The fact that it's 'in fun' makes it all the worse as that suggests that the only way for them to get some enjoyment out of these boards is to irritate people into a reaction. I'm not being naive, I know full well what their game is. One of these days you will destroy a band, nut it won't fucking well be My Downfall.

Anyhoo...

I enjoyed the gig. Missed the first band, caught half the second. Quite impressed, but have to agree about the banter - put me off them a bit. Stayover were good, but didn't hold my attention for long, and just washed over me a bit. MMW were excellent, very professional, and a good step up from most 'local' bands. The singing has improved quite a bit, and the drumming was even more impressive than I remember. The downside came when I moved to get a better view, and could actually see the stage. Ben's apparent desperation to entertain was very distracting. Fair enough put your all into it, but I got the impression he wasn't so much getting lost in his singing, which I love to see in a singer, as trying to think where to run to next. The running and jumping ( and it was pretty camp tbh) coupled with the incessant mic swinging just grated. I tried not to let that spoil the gig though, because musically there's not a lot to find fault with.

. The fact that it's 'in fun' makes it all the worse as that suggests that the only way for them to get some enjoyment out of these boards is to irritate people into a reaction. .

exactly. and people will continue posting on here as long as theres people like you to keep us entertained. your actually doing your bit for the website.....

Anyhoo...

I enjoyed the gig. Missed the first band' date=' caught half the second. Quite impressed, but have to agree about the banter - put me off them a bit. Stayover were good, but didn't hold my attention for long, and just washed over me a bit. MMW were excellent, very professional, and a good step up from most 'local' bands. The singing has improved quite a bit, and the drumming was even more impressive than I remember. The downside came when I moved to get a better view, and could actually see the stage. Ben's apparent desperation to entertain was very distracting. Fair enough put your all into it, but I got the impression he wasn't so much getting lost in his singing, which I love to see in a singer, as trying to think where to run to next. The running and jumping ( and it was pretty camp tbh) coupled with the [i']incessant mic swinging just grated. I tried not to let that spoil the gig though, because musically there's not a lot to find fault with.

Cheers for the comments man - and thanks for coming along - much appreciated!

as ben is banned I will just say in his defence that the whole camp mic-swinging thing is very much like a lot of things in that you either rate it or hate it, and that we have quite a few long instrumental sections where he has nothing else to do!

Cheers,

Dan

(yes it actually IS me people)