aberdeen-music

Local bands YOU should check out this year!!

Alkaline

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

Le Reno Amps, caught them when they played with the Switchblades at Drummonds and was well impressed.

Staccato Set, sex music man!

Deadloss, quality fun and frolics.

Am always willing to see something new, time and finance permitting.

The Videos - New songs' date=' new set, new name. Have to see them sooooon to see if it's an improvement ;)

[/quote']

I think it's improved... ditched the new wave and turned up the the electro-punk.

My list...

Aka the fox

Cuts (I've yet to see the new line-up and I'm interested to see what it sounds like, chappies :) )

Politik

Dedalus

Hookers Green # 1

Masamune

M.A.R.T

Yes, yo.

Well bands that I hope to check out this year are:

Identity - Seeing them tonight as part of the Crashbreaker at the Moorings.

The X-Certs - Apparently better than ever and I've only seen them once which was ages ago.

Stayover - Interested in seeing a full-on gig by you guys. I presume the Moorings gig that started off acoustically isn't the 'finished' product?

Ghost Of Bongo - I hear nothing but good things about these guys (apart from that pesky Burnham) and have been meaning to check them out for a while. I shall do it next opportunity I get.

Broken Sunshine - Haven't seen them since one of their first gigs in Drakes and hear they've improved greatly. Recordings I've heard would certianly suggest so.

The Planeteers - The Eco-Warrior Ramones sound like a good laugh and I look forward to seeing and hearing the fruits of their labours.

The Videos - New songs' date=' new set, new name. Have to see them sooooon to see if it's an improvement ;)

Quik - Looking forward to seeing the new lineup and songs in a venue soon.

Dedalus - Again haven't seen them for ages and hear fantastic things about them.[/quote']

Nice to see someone mention us! Identity r a fairly new band and if u wanna check us out we r playing the moorings again on the 12th feb or hear our shit here!

www.myidentity.moonfruit.com

1. Reasons Are Red- heard nothing but good stuff said about these guys' date=' always worth checking out Kris's new stuff.

2. My Minds Weapon- yeah, yeah, yeah.... i didn't say new bands specifically go check 'em out, submit to the hype!

3. The X-Certs- go for it. Amazingly catchy tunes from that kid and his boys.

4. From Her Ashes- oooooh, can't let my band slip through without a mention. line-up sorted, songs taking shape. smell the fear people. smell the fear.

5. Stayover- pop punk at its finest.

:D[/quote']

*cough... The Cobra Kai... cough*

I think it's improved... ditched the new wave and turned up the the electro-punk.

My list...

Aka the fox

Cuts (I've yet to see the new line-up and I'm interested to see what it sounds like' date=' chappies :) )

Politik

Dedalus

Hookers Green # 1

Masamune

M.A.R.T

Yes, yo.[/quote']

Excuse me Burnham......arent you missing something? And i thought you were my friend...

Guest valley69
It's because people are intimidated by your manly dancing that they don't mention you.

That and your incredible sweary rudeness on the forum as of late. For shame Mr.O. For shame.

yes ive been very rude as of late, i apologize.

Excuse me Burnham......arent you missing something? And i thought you were my friend...

But Project Van Hell aren't local... they are from hell.... are they not?

*ahem* and you missed out something too... ;)

PS: Go see Project Van hell... they are very good and you might see nudey bottoms.

Stayover - Interested in seeing a full-on gig by you guys. I presume the Moorings gig that started off acoustically isn't the 'finished' product?

It was our first gig, so no, but we're moving in the right direction.

I'm not sure why' date=' but I've got a joke going that Stonehaven is a horrible place..

Hines keeps on telling me that..[/quote']

I always think of Stonehaven as being like Ellon... but with the seaside and some more trees.

and erm... further south... and a bit bigger...

so really... nothing like Ellon... I'm not sure why I connect the two. I almost moved to Stonehaven about 6 years ago. Creep.

Guest neil ex

I'd like to go clubbing in Stonehaven with the guys from Politik and Project: Ven-Hell one day. It would be a laugh.. I've always wanted to go into The Moon nightclub on Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow aswell, just to see what it's like..

Apparently the club(s) in Stonehaven are rubbish.