aberdeen-music

Idlewild at Music Hall

Darth Elvis

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idlewild fucking suck live.

one of my favourite live bands, but if anyone was at the music hall gig in 2000 - then they'll attest to how Turn completely blew them off the stage and then some more. I've seen video of them since and they're just piss poor live - I really don't understand how such a good recorded band can be so..shit live.

idlewild fucking suck live.

one of my favourite live bands' date=' but if anyone was at the music hall gig in 2000 - then they'll attest to how Turn completely blew them off the stage and then some more. I've seen video of them since and they're just piss poor live - I really don't understand how such a good recorded band can be so..shit live.[/quote']

yea i was at that gig and idlewild blew turn off the stage. idlewild rule live. idlewild rule all!!

i've never seen them put on a bad gig. and i've seen em loads and loads of times.

Guest Startex

Tickets will go on sale on Friday 28th Jan for the Music Hall gig and the rest of the UK tour dates. I'll agree with Ross about the gig last night being fucking amazing. I booked them for their first ever gig, which was at The Subway in Edinburgh, and did the sound. They litterally trashed both the gear on stage and the punters who came to support them! Their second gig was for George Duffin at The Venue but I promoted a few of the following ones at The Attic.

I've seen them many times over the years and agree that the Lemon Tree gig a couple of years ago was not one of their best. I think it will be very difficult for them to kick the level of ass that they used to in future but they have certainly matured into a very class act. Read into that whatever you like.

:rockon:

Guest idol_wild

Back in the day, Idlewild were fucking essential. Fervent, frenetic, and fucking wild. Does anyone else remember Woomble breaking his teeth when they supported Warm Jets at Glow 303 in 1997?

I think I'm too old.

However, Idlewild are now pungent and very much past their sell by date. Which is a shame.