aberdeen-music

Aberdeens' Hogmanay

Sue Denim..

Aberdeen has put on the following for the Hogmanay street party this year. (If they don't cancel it again that is.)

At the Castlegate;

Deacon Blue

Hue and Cry

Coinneach

At the Langstane;

Scott Sneddon (Fame Academy) and his band The Sham.

The Darkest (A Darkness tribute band.)

Also some DJ's and Northsound radio will be there.

So if anyone has any suggestions for where else to go this Hogmanay I'd be truly appreciative!

Sue.

Aberdeen has put on the following for the Hogmanay street party this year. (If they don't cancel it again that is.)

At the Castlegate;

Deacon Blue

Hue and Cry

Coinneach

At the Langstane;

Scott Sneddon (Fame Academy) and his band The Sham.

The Darkest (A Darkness tribute band.)

Also some DJ's and Northsound radio will be there.

So if anyone has any suggestions for where else to go this Hogmanay I'd be truly appreciative!

Sue.

Jesus that line up suggests we are still in the 1980s?

Dave

Guest tv tanned
Yes' date=' but you have to realise that the majority of people going to this will not want to hear hardcore/punk/metal/grindcore ect. Horses for courses.[/quote']

Quite right.

the 1980's were great' date=' lots of happening music; this lot is a yaaaaaaaaaaaawn

for the bland & those generally uninterested in music or take music seriously as

an art form.......[/quote']

Actually having seen Deacon Blkue and Hue & Cry live before I've thought both put on really good shows. I would say I certainly don't fall into the category of someone generally uninterested in music and I do take it seriously as an artform, I think that if you removed your head from your arse long enough you'd realise there was another category - Those that want to be enetertained...

It doesn't have to be deep and meaningfull music all the time, sometimes its about having a really good time, and both these bands can deliver that. Music is first anf foremost about entertainment, both for those playing it and those watching, if you're not enjoying yourself or the band isn't then you shouldn't do it. I'd take a guess that people will enjoy this if they're there, whats the problem ?

Cheers

Stuart

good old Decon Blue

one of my lectures' date=' Jim Prime, plays keys in decon blue, he keeps telling me to go see them at new year but i dont think i am[/quote']

Ah yes, I was just down at your campus this morning picking up my friend Vicki, she says he keeps trying to getpeople to go ;)

U should Deacon Blue always give a good show...

Cheers

Stuart

flyerMini.jpg

NEW YEARS EVE & New Years Day special

With live performance and b.boy dancing plus mad competiton and prize giveaways.

Feature the Millennium Child family along with other Local Hip Hop acts such as Mayhem, Ekizel, Aisha, Kuda, Independent, Bright, M.Blaze & Prez (Illest).

2nd Floor - LIVE Hiphop / RnB Artists & a freestyle. Plus live pa from the Millennium Child.

Doors open: 10pm - 4am (2nd Floor)

@ IMAGINE, Gaelic Lane, Aberdeen (off belmont st)

1.75 All Shots and Bottles

Pre-Tickets 5 (Available at Imagine or Tha' Flava

)